Recent content by kovaga

1. K

Purifi vs Hypex vs ICEPower

No, never tried Bluesound. as a streamer i run a pretty simple setup of Rpi4. I was running volumio for a long time, but after the recent upgrade switched to pure ubuntu running MPD, thus I can control it from any device that ha a gui client, as well as from the console of my linux desktop where...
  2. K

Holo Audio Spring 3 looks like a nice piece of kit, but it will be pricier then Pontus + Pseparate preamp. Besides, I think that there is a sense in going the route of having individual units doing individual tasks. Thus separate DAC, separate PreAMP, separate PoweAMP. Besides it would give you...
  3. K

1. I connect my TV to Ares II via SPDIF, so whatever source the TV is streaming from will automatically go via the DAC > amp > speakers. So the only switch i need to make is when i want from TV to RPI music. 2. Yeah. ARES was the first R2R DAC that I listened to, so without prior listening to...
  4. K

Actually, the review by Tarun was the first review I watched about Ares 2 :) and I was pretty impressed, so decided to read a bit further about it and checked several other reviews that sort of were unanimous and confirmed the impression that it offers exceptional value for money. I came across...
  5. K

Does it use much energy when not operational? I compare my Azur 840 class AB to my NAD 3045 that is powering a pair of KEF LS50 in the office, and the former consumes 90w idle, while the later uses only 15w. I would have thought that the same applied to all class D amps.
  6. K

I have spoken to Trebor from Apollon and he highly recommends going for bi-amp option with a pure 4 amp. That those speakers would benefit much more from 4x purifi 1et400a, then 2x purifi 1et400a with sparkos OpAmp. If not, then the more powerful Hypex NC1200 would do a better job driving them...
  7. K

I did use that calculator, having watched the video from this post https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amplifier-power-how-much-do-you-really-need-and-your-system%E2%80%99s-dynamic-range.22714 But indeed forgot to subtract 6db for the stereo speakers, 3db for the...
  8. K

My two sphynx cats would be really dissapointed, as the warm Azur840A is their favourite place in the evening :D :D :D
  9. K

Thanks for the advice, but also Nord was one of the first manufacturers of hypex and purifi based amps that I came across, I would prefer to buy something within the EU, as I had recently a very bad delivery from UK to Germany, where I currently am. My diving dry suit that I sent at the end of...
  10. K

Good morning list, I am currently in the process of upgrading my setup and decided to go along the Class D route for the poweramp. The question is which one to choose, as without an ability to listen to each amp and not knowing the differences in sounding between purifi, hypex and icepower...
Top Bottom