Recent content by kotmj

1. K

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Yes, just keep it cool. Just remind yourself that humans are inherently limited, and accept their limitations.
  2. K

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Had the Spektor 2 for 6 months in a variety of rooms. I tried to like them, but didn't. With the other speakers I own, I often procrastinate getting up and doing other things, preferring instead to keep listening. With the Spektor 2s I can stop listening anytime. Having sold them, I do not miss...
  3. K

Is Jay talking about Amir?

Yes. I find some here strangely dismissive of bodies of knowledge not in Toole's ambit.
  4. K

Bookshelf speakers for low volume & near-field listening?

Because he will be playing at low volumes, there is the further requirement that the speakers do not sound soporific at low volumes.
  5. K

No, honestly, I would love to hear the speakers you've developed. Why wouldn't I? You can send me a personal message if you do not want to divulge the companies you've designed for.
  6. K

Any place I can obtain the speakers you've developed?
  7. K

So Alan Shaw is a charlatan and Derek Hughes is a hobbyist. I'm finally getting it. Toole is God. Amir is demigod.
  8. K

Well, then by the standards of this forum, Derek Hughes is also a charlatan.
  9. K

He actually studied Business, but was making speakers for himself since young. He develops his crossovers in a simulator on a PC like everyone else. His body of knowledge predates Harman---he has read all the BBC papers. And continues to read all the new publications. He would rent the BBC...
  10. K

I don't know. The guy currently designing PS Audio's inaugural speakers, Darren Myers, has them on his work desk and is enthusiastic about them.
  11. K

That's actually how it is. He would unwind a few windings on an inductor and reinsert into breadboard. He would agonise over 0.2ohms on a resistor. He has no deadlines: he's only done when he's done. He asks for nobody's opinion. At a recent fair a female interviewer asked him who listens to his...
  12. K

Does Toole have anything to say on desktop, near field speakers for very small rooms?
  13. K

I'd recommend the Harbeth P3esr. They're a direct descendant of the LS3/5a, and the build quality is heirloom level. The designer, Alan Shaw, spends several months developing each crossover, making minute adjustments by ear. They are foremost optimised to reproduce the human voice---he uses a...
  14. K

Is Jay talking about Amir?

Thank you for the explanation. I suppose I shall have to buy his book. From a lecture he gave, he really didn't do justice to his ideas.
Top Bottom