Recent content by Kostas

1. K

The impossible decision of buying an AVR/AVP!

On the contrary, we should complain about pricing, otherwise if the companies don't receive that negative feedback they ll think everything is OK and they can keep increasing prices. I agree that the consumers could show them how much they agree using their wallets but in a market with so few...
  2. K

Amen to that! Feels like all the other companies are 1-2 generations behind denon at this point. For example Pre-amp mode should have been the standard for every AVR over 1000$ at this point... That was the justification for the initial 400$ price increase and let's not forget that when they...
  3. K

I didn't know that. Does that mean that If I want to use pre-amp mode for my 5.1 active system, but I also have 4 passive atmos ceiling speakers, I can plug them in the AVR and only 4 amps will be used while the rest will be off thus reducing amp noise? Dirac is not included in the price so as...
  4. K

What they really did was pricing the 3800h at the same price the 4700h was before the second price increase to 2100$, removed a few features to make the 4700/4800 still relevant and just added more 8k ports, and 2 extra subs plus dirac which will set you back another 450$ for the full license...
  5. K

Wow, unreal! Did they increase the price?? I am pretty sure when I checked the moment they released the new models on their site the price of the 4800h was around 2100$... They sure got greedy... At 2500$ I m better of buying AV7706 processor... I checked and they released it in the market in my...
  6. K

I was days away from ordering the 3700H until I saw a new video by one of the HT channels I m subscribed to about the new AVRs. I really have him to thank for that! I have the budget for the 3800H! After all this time 200 extra euros is not gonna make a difference in my decision. What troubles...
  7. K

I am looking at the new denon models on their website and it looks like the new 3800H is almost a 4700h replacement minus some sound enhancement features so it looks like the best choice for me. Then I noticed the DDSC HD Digital feature on the 4800h and it got my attention. What does this...
  8. K

So, New denons and Marantz AVRs will be announced on September and release this year... I guess Denon support are good at lying... They straight up told me there will be no new models this year....
  9. K

I am in the exact same situation... I am already talking with a hifi store for a good deal on the 3700h but I am worried about rushing and the 3800H is released a month or something after I get the 3700h. Denon doesn't have a trade-in service unlike IOTA If the 3800h releases with spicy new...
  10. K

I contacted Denon and they told me that due to part shortages they are not planning to release new receivers this year. The new models should arrive next year according to them. @NikolasA is your source trustworthy? This video was also uploaded a week ago which also compares Audyssey against a...
  11. K

Man, If I actually buy the 3700H and the 3800H comes out after a couple of months with dirac and Auro 3d I will get really mad:confused: I will try contacting denon to ask them whether there are any plans to release new models this year... I know it's a long shot but you never know!
  12. K

You overestimate me:) I listen to other people's opinions and let them guide me. Everyone is talking about how great dirac is compared to the other eq solutions so I might end up underestimating other calibration methods subconsciously. Like I mentioned above I have 0 real life experience with...
  13. K

Oh, I think he is talking about this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/atmos-finally-decoded-in-pc-mac.32351/
  14. K

I heard it from every big home theater youtuber when they were comparing units. They were talking about surround with better definition and better channel separation. Again, I understand it in theory but I have no idea what it means in real life... To tell you the truth, I have no idea If I...
Top Bottom