Recent content by Koo

1. K

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

I almost gasped when I saw it has 10-band PEQ. This is the device I've been waiting for 10 years. Well maybe a combo unit featuring the same DSP, but still.
  2. K

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I wish there were more cardioid speakers. Not everyone has the space to keep the speakers far enough from walls. That's why the D&D 8C are still my dream speakers.
  3. K

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

My unit has started behaving weirdly. After it has been on for a week or two the audio starts randomly crackling a lot. Rebooting the device seems to fix it temporarily. Now I'm worried there is a constant regression in audio quality too, I'm almost sure I can hear it :rolleyes: It's a shame...
  4. K

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

I wish Topping would stop designing these snake oil boxes and just create a DAC with parametric EQ support.
  5. K

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I don't agree with this at all. This is how scientific progress halts. People might not know this but the first steam engines were invented over 100 years before the thermodynamics they are based on were formalized in a scientific way. Before that it was all experimentation. I don't see why we...
  6. K

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Still no updates to this software? I've been waiting for the promised feature for turning off the surround channel boost when using Dynamic EQ. I guess the development really took a hit when Jeff Clark left. It makes sense why D&M started looking into Dirac, at least it's being actively developed.
  7. K

Genelec 1236A

I have listened to them here multiple times. Truly the greatest sound system I've ever heard and I'm not alone with the opinion. I have never heard such clean sound with concert level SPL. The tonality was what you'd expect from a neutral speaker from Genelec and there was absolutely no hiss...
  8. K

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

What a waste. 100 dollars get you same audible quality. Still waiting for good DSP options in these high performance Chinese DACs.
  9. K

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Incredible performance but they are way too expensive for what they are. Kali Audio LP-6 V2 go down to 39 Hz too with 6.5" woofers and cost only 300 dollars per pair which is tenth of what these seem to cost. Of course they don't have internal DSP but at least for me UMIK-1+REW+Equalizer APO is...
  10. K

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

I've been playing with the new ChatGPT bot by OpenAI and it's crazy how well it can explain various concepts. Here is the link if you want to try it out. It's currently free and open for everyone during the testing phase https://chat.openai.com Here are some examples: This could be a...
  11. K

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

At this point I will give not terrible or fine to DACs that cost over 200 dollars but don't include DSP. It's just a pointless waste of resources at this point.
  12. K

Your experience with app, firmware and GUI as well as tech support from different AVR/AVP brands?

The Denon web GUI looks like this, as far as I know it has every setting the normal GUI has but don't quote me on that since I never use it. It seems very responsive now that I test it, no problems here. For me a much more important app was the Audyssey app from which I can control the room...
  13. K

Your experience with app, firmware and GUI as well as tech support from different AVR/AVP brands?

Denon has awesome firmware support, they will update models with new features as far back as they literally can. They released Dolby Vision for 4 year old models a couple of years ago. My 7 year old unit is still getting updates. Same can't be said for their GUI though, it's absolutely...
  14. K

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

Here is the top of their list, I have heard most of them and it seems reasonable. However I currently own the HE-400i and the LCD-2C and it's clear as day that the Audeze has vastly wider and more realistic soundstage. Their model isn't perfect but it seems to have some predictive power for sure.
  15. K

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide-to-advanced-room-correction-with-rew-and-rephase-using-convolution-filters/90990 You can replicate the phase correction of Dirac with REW too, it's not very convenient though.
Top Bottom