Recent content by KomoGomolaa

1. K

Topping L50 - too hot during normal operation?

I originally thought it was really hot to touch subjectively, but I had used a professional grade thermometer several times to measure it and it's a constant 40-42 degrees Celsius on the L50 alu case, which is just above my room ambient temperature (currently sits between 24-26 degrees Celsius)...
  2. K

Topping E50+L50 - balanced out with single ended in for best SNR/crosstalk?

I did my homework and after doing some research on balanced vs. unbalanced signals/connections, I will answer myself. Converting balanced out from E50 to single-ended input of L50 would probably add unwanted distortions/noise. The proper way here is to go fully balanced from E50 to L50. No...
  3. K

Okay, so I've measured the temperature of the L50 case and it's constantly between 40-42 degrees Celsius, so that's probably fine. Topping Support also replied in a similar manner. So it's not an issue at all.
  4. K

Thanks all for your replies. I am using it stacked with E50, with L50 being on top, all under a monitor stand where now there is very little headroom for any ventilation, which could be the reason, since i've been using the new monitor stand for only the last week on my desk. Have never noticed...
  5. K

Thanks. I've been specifically asking about the L50, not sure if they both (L50+L30) share the same NFCA circuit. But I've just read somewhere on the net that A30 Pro is also hot to the touch. So maybe that's how Topping's headamp implementation works. But still wondering if this can somehow...
  6. K

Hello, today after casual listening with my LCD-X, i've discovered that the case of my Topping L50 is a bit hot to the touch. Anybody noticed this? Is this perfectly normal?
  7. K

I wasn't asking about this. Better in what sense? Double the voltage, grounding, hum/buzz rejection, etc? I already know that. (And i even had experience where pure balanced connection did nothing to help with my ground loops - i had to manually lift the ground on one end. I think that using...
  8. K

Hi there. i am trying to figure out if the following cabling combination is the best for E50+L50 in terms of technical superiority. Will i gain the best possible SNR/crosstalk if i use balanced TRS from the E50 output which will be connected as RCA (singled ended) input to L50? I'm asking if...
  9. K

Audix A150 anyone?

Anyone heard of Audix A150? i've had these for a couple of months, in my home office companion, and to me they sound kind of balanced (i dont feel i need to eq), however i'm unable to find any measurements to confirm. But what i have been able to found on the net so far - seems like they are...
  10. K

Topping L50 - 4pin XLR out real advantages?

Care to elaborate more please? i'm a total electrical noob, but i see the difference that the SE output is basically wired like R+, L+ and ground (tip, ring, sleeve), whereas the 4pin XLR is basically wired as differential R+, R-, L+, L-. With single ended TRS cable from LCD-X, if i am not...
  11. K

Topping L50 - 4pin XLR out real advantages?

Hi there. are there any real advantages to using 4pin XLR out instead of single ended TRS out? I am unable to to find this info in the L50 manual (they talk only about inputs). Thanks.
  12. K

SOLVED: Topping E50/L50 combo + Audeze LCD-X = leakage current?

Thanks all for your replies. I'm happy to report that i've just tried my combo without the isolator and the buzzing is gone, yess!!! Seems like the isolator is cutting the ground off in my setup, which is "incompatible" with my LCD-X. Please note that i'm not blaming the isolator - it's...
  13. K

SOLVED: Topping E50/L50 combo + Audeze LCD-X = leakage current?

Hi there. Need your help please. i'm running a wonderful Topping stack consisting of following items: - Topping E50 dac (connected with Topping HS01 isolator to Mac Mini M1 and powered by Topping P50) - Topping L50 hp amp (interconnected via balanced TRS) I have received my brand new Audeze...
Top Bottom