Recent content by KomoGomolaa

1. K

Topping E50 DAC Crackling Noise Issue on Windows 11

You can safely disable/ignore the Topping DFU item in Device Manager and just enjoy the sound of the Topping DAC :) The older I get the more I enjoy when things just work. Carpe diem! :)
  2. K

Topping E50 DAC Crackling Noise Issue on Windows 11

Do you really need to use the "official" Topping/Thesycon driver? For very similar reason (crackling starting to occur AFTER I've been listening to music for a couple of hours - whatever app) I have definitely stopped using it and reverted back to Windows stock UAC2 driver as soon as I had...
  3. K

UAC2 in Windows 10/11 - do we really need "dedicated" DAC driver?

I am starting this thread to discuss our opinions/experiences regarding the need for a "dedicated" driver for a DAC under Windows 10/11 because we already have UAC2 there. Let me briefly explain my current Windows DAC setup - it's the Topping DX7 Pro+ under Windows 10. I have been using the...
  4. K

Topping DX7 Pro+ vs RME ADI-2 Pro FS R

I have not said anything against RME, in fact I have been using it and was very happy, can even recommend it, but its features were just overkill for me. It's all about choice and what you prefer. I'm not supposed to answer your questions regarding your tone of your replies, but I will make an...
  5. K

Topping DX7 Pro+ vs RME ADI-2 Pro FS R

I've had the ADI-2 DAC FS v2 (AK4493), which I've changed for DX7 Pro+ recently, since RME was just overkill for me. Subjectively, Topping to me sounds more relaxed and has definitely more air in the treble, which I seem to enjoy much more and is definitely easier for me to listen to for longer...
  6. K

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Actually there's a "Dac Mode" setting in the Dx7 Pro+ menu which can be set to Asynchronous (Default) and Synchronous option. If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong), Asynchronous mode will sync the dac to its internal clock, whereas in Synchronous mode the dac clock will sync to the...
  7. K

Aeon 2 Noire - how close to Stealth?

Thanks guys for all your replies. Anybody seen Noire's distortion measurements? I can't find any.
  8. K

Thanks very much for your detailed reply, really appreciated. I think I'll try them :) Regarding distortion on Aeons, did you find it collapsing somehow when pushed quite a bit?
  9. K

Regarding the apparent lack of distortion/noise with this dac - the sound is so unbelievably clear that I regularly find myself pushing the volume higher with my headphones on than usual, without realizing that I'm also pushing the SPL quite a bit. It's a listening pleasure of course, but my...
  10. K

How close they're in sound signature? I realize that Stealth has many technical / acoustical "properties" that Noire doesn't have and I understand that it will sound, ehm, different. But if Noire can be a poor-boy's Stealth, that would be awesome :) Anybody heard these two side by side?
  11. K

Spent more time with it and there's plenty of juice for HD800 too, even in low gain. The extreme amount of detail this DAC provides while still being effortless and musical seems out of this world to me. I have never heard so much air and "smoothness" between instruments. Maybe the ultra-low...
  12. K

Pulled the trigger and ordered one last Friday from my local HiFi distributor. Received it today. Initial impressions - very very clean and effortless sounding (both XLR outs to my active monitors and headphone outs). Plenty of juice to drive my Audix A150 and Audeze LCD-X v2021, on low gain...
  13. K

Okay, so this SINAD in headphone out is for full scale "4.something" volts. But how about lower output? I will not be using max output for my Audeze LCD-X, nor Audix A150, that's for sure. What will the SINAD be then? Does the DX7 Pro+ automatically lower analog amplification and raise the...
  14. K

Topping L50 - too hot during normal operation?

I originally thought it was really hot to touch subjectively, but I had used a professional grade thermometer several times to measure it and it's a constant 40-42 degrees Celsius on the L50 alu case, which is just above my room ambient temperature (currently sits between 24-26 degrees Celsius)...
  15. K

Topping E50+L50 - balanced out with single ended in for best SNR/crosstalk?

I did my homework and after doing some research on balanced vs. unbalanced signals/connections, I will answer myself. Converting balanced out from E50 to single-ended input of L50 would probably add unwanted distortions/noise. The proper way here is to go fully balanced from E50 to L50. No...
Top Bottom