Recent content by KNielsen

1. K

Amplifiers Which Test Well, Under $1,000 USD

Previous link I posted has been closed as requested by me Regards
  2. K

One thing.... I did ask Kaj to do the starground mod to other amplifiers according to the schematic before publishing the results. It would be fair to see what happens in other applications. Is it the same???
  3. K

It should be mentioned that under normal operation the amplifier produces a noise near the boundaries of our testinggear.. that's below 0.01%THD+N!! :D
  4. K

I've seen this one. But we actually managed to lower the noise without the influence of parts involved and no hum or groundloops ;) only wire = low noise = immunity to induction in power cord... In some way the starground manage to insulate the noise or "improvement in sound(?)" that is so...
  5. K

The ground in Acurus is quite messy. Input ground goes to speaker gnd and then to PSU. In this way, there is alot of noise picked up by the input. This is fixed by following the new ground schematic. Partlist for my amplifier: - Dale RN60D/70D resistors - Mills 5w resisters replace the...
  6. K

exactly our thoughts when we measured.. Induction through the power cable. It seems that the internal construction of an amplifier is highly sensitive to whether the the induction of the cable courses noise or not.
  7. K

A/B test so far.. A 40db noise reduction! I provide a link to the person who does the measurements for me.. Kaj Mogensen :here it also shows a diagram of my starground We were (mostly him ) testing the influence of power cables in the link... My standard A250 Vs the new DIY A250. The new...
  8. K

There has only been one problem with the low noisefloor that my mooded amp produce... Now I can hear the rest of my system.. next mod is my already modded preamplifier, the Acurus L10, it has to do better!!... And the another step backwards in the system as I progress ;) It's not easy...
  9. K

:p haha good one! Think I get the chance to measure my original Acurus A250 this weekend. And the modded one again.. hope to see "the difference I hear" in the measurements between the two!:)
  10. K

Yes. That's why I paid my electrician to find a solution, so I didn't have to listen to my refrigerator :).. it's a new build house, but just in case! ;) Regards
  11. K

My 230Vac-main-out to my hifi is isolated from the rest in our house.. i.e. seperat ground ect.... :)
  12. K

Yes could be, but the wiring is so tight it will take a few days to Install a new AC-in :) .. The noisefloor is below human hearing, so it would only be to pull better measurements. Although it's a good thing!
  13. K

No.. but I have two Acurus A250's.... One standard and the one shown. I could if time allows it, collect some data from the original amplifier. Would be fun (I hope) to see what has happened. THEY DEFINITELY DO NOT SOUND THE SAME :) Edit: I'll share here when the modded and standard amplifier...
  14. K

Yes. A new groundtrace (starground) has been made to separate the noise from "power gnd" and "signal gnd". Works amazingly well! Also AC input has been moved to the middle to get the caps as close to the PCB as possible. The wirring is all 10awg throughout. - I could go on, long list ;) Not...
Top Bottom