Recent content by kneading_kitten

1. K

Recommendations for `3.5 to 2x 2.5` cable for headphones (E-MU Rosewood)

Hi ASR, I've recently snapped my very flimsy cables for my pairs of E-MU Rosewood. Does anyone know of any good brand (ship to US) that has braided/snap resistant cables that will work? I've attached the picture of my snapped cable below (middle connector) :) Also, do the notches on either end...
  2. K

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

I have no problems with my TOSLINK inputs. Link to my setup with the TOSLINK inputs.
  3. K

Can you ask for a replacement? I leave mine on literally always and i never have experienced the problems you are describing. Best of luck
  4. K

Here, assuming the tool to flash the V3.03 and .04 is the same as 01 and 02. Link to post by Ben
  5. K

Are you using any other ASIO devices? Like Voicemeeter, ASIO4ALL or any of the sort?
  6. K

What's your budget and priorities? For around $300, any of the THX stuff (Drop THX 789, Monolith 889, SMSL SP200) would be fine. If you can, i would say go for the Topping A90, it got raving reviews and also a pre-amp mode if you want to connect poweramps/speakers to it. My LA-QXD1 is paired...
  7. K

In Windows' sound setting, scroll to the bottom to see "App volume and device preferences", then set the output of whatever video player you want to the DAC's ASIO.
  8. K

Agree, its quite possible that the two DACs is indistinguishable in the majority of cases. Still, the only way to know is to do A/B testing. I'm quite curious to see in which situation does the superior measurements of the LA-QXD1 (SINAD, IMD hump) translates to audible differences.
  9. K

Amplifier for HD800S

This is a great point. I think spending an extra ~$70 for a DAC and ~$150 for an amp with XLR now is future-proofing enough. Look into the reviews of the LA-QXD1 and Schiit Modius DACs. Or another choice for your list, you can also wait for the new JDS Lab Atom DAC that is supposed to come out...
  10. K

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I did think of that. I'm just operating on the assumption that if someone has the bux for the abyss and A90, that person would likely have the bux for the D90. :)
  11. K

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Should not be any audible differences like others have said so yeah, pick the thing based on your requirements (shipping, guarantee, customer services, aesthetic, features, etc.) Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but two I/O differences between the products are: the Modius has AES in and the...
  12. K

What I do know: I know the 9038Q2M (LA-QXD1) is the mobile version of the 9038PRO and this is the flagship ESS chip. The QXD1 measures very well for its price by Amir. But since the Audiolab M-DAC hasn't been measured, it's literally impossible to objectively compare the two DACs. What I can...
  13. K

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Congrats to @T.M.Noble for a great product! Feel free to private message me the catch for such a great price/performance. Thanks
  14. K

Yeah, if you use the DFU tool, you will see the firmware number. v3.0.0 is the min volume, whereas the v3.0.1 is the max volume.
  15. K

Good hard drive for streaming lossless??

Oh wow, what an interesting statistic. Thanks for the link!
Top Bottom