Recent content by Kishore

1. K

SOLD!!!: Revel Ultima2 Studios, pair (Mahogany) $6000. (Reposted due to earlier failed transaction)

You can use uship to transport these- it depends on location of destination and timing though. Yeah I think Ultima2 series are still a step up over Be- 328Be +subs may come close to Salon2 though.
  2. K

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

As usual another stellar performer/review. Subjectively I wish one could hear top 3-4 DAC performers and would there be sonic differences say on Salon2 (I mean Amir's current ref speaker) or XYZ speakers in your 2 CH setup (not headphones)? :cool:
  3. K

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

@amirm anyway to verify 20W ClassA as per spec " Class G implements multiple power supplies to deliver the first 20W per channel in pure Class A, with no crossover distortion. The second power supply drives the amplifier up to maximum output for dynamic output with a peak total power consumption...
  4. K

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

Don't think Amir could test that. Spec sheet states following : Supports ultra high video resolutions of up to 8K@60fps and 4K@120fps. High Dynamic Range including Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, as well as 3D video are supported. All HDCP versions up to & inc HDCP 2.3. HDMI eARC and CEC...
  5. K

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

Thanks Amir for the effort. I compared measurements to other equivalents (Arcam/JBL pre-pros & receivers)... I still cannot understand how this is still so poor. I expected improvements to be honest. Subjectively folks have praised it and have rated this (and Arcam) higher than Denon x8500. I...
  6. K

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

Arcam AVR30/31 is receiver (JBL SDR 35/38), AV40/41 is processor (SDP 55/58). Audiocontrol uses same platform but am intrigued by their X9.
  7. K

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

The amp section is twin of Arcam HDA Amps and is "supposed to be" better than Arcam AVR30/31 since it uses better DACs- but who thunk it :D
  8. K

Audiophiliac gives Audio Science Review channel a plug

I am serious and I am not anyone's fanboy-please don't club me with Amir, Erin, you or anyone else :eek:. While I wish lines were drawn earlier, I don't think anyone is criticizing integrity of reviews published. Don't make this reflective of twitter sized barking point with no bite.
  9. K

Audiophiliac gives Audio Science Review channel a plug

I value both Amir's and Erin's efforts but agree with Amir here-you have to stay out of the pool to criticize same those using it :cool: At least I am glad disclosures and honesty and awareness about it is slowly percolating out upfront- this is good small step..considering so many youtube BS...
  10. K

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Hi- I am looking at total HW+SW end deliverable on Casablanca compared to other big boys- and resources needed to churn that. Morris owning cars or brands is not relevant for this discussion.
  11. K

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Yes the CB V is available/upgrades are being offered now. On video 4K is supported but it is video bypass anyways. Latest Dirac versions and Auro3D is a work in progress- but given their meager resources-I am impressed that they continued to slog it out to bring it to current specs - slow but steady
  12. K

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

Emotiva has closed the thread on this (started by @SOWK in Emotiva forum)- so seems like they took 1 step forward and a dozen back and are going back into their shell after addressing only 1 issue Amir found. What a pity! I thought there would be a point by point rebuttal (or disagreement with...
  13. K

Seems you need 3 stooges available:facepalm: to support manual toggle off/on- C'mon this is cray :eek: Hope 1.9 addresses this
  14. K

Hope this is a teachable moment- a bit of restraint/not jumping to trigger happy conclusions will lead to better resolutions :cool:
  15. K

Revel Salon2, B&W 802 D3, or similarly priced speakers + Benchmark chain?

I asked for the same from Amir earlier - waiting for it :)
Top Bottom