Recent content by Killingbeans

1. Killingbeans

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

Same way a $2 and a $50 bottle of water can "be the same" if they both contain no minerals in an amount that can be tasted. Although, the $50 bottle can still taste vastly better, even if both bottles are tapped from the same well, but that's just bias messing with you. It's not difficult to...
  2. Killingbeans

Neat optical illusion

No red pixels in this picture:
  3. Killingbeans

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Poe's law is messing with me right now...
  4. Killingbeans

Pump up the Volume (in various projects)

Most likely. You'd have to ask Axign to be sure.
  5. Killingbeans

It becomes a complete non-issue :):
  6. Killingbeans

Bit-trimming is a thing of the past. Modern chips calculate the attenuation as floating-point to keep the noise floor consistently miniscule.
  7. Killingbeans

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Supply and demand. Often people demand things that only make sense in fairy tale land.
  8. Killingbeans

Børresen M1

I think @René - Acculution.com (sorry if I put words in his mouth) is very diplomatically saying that they are mindlessly focusing on a single piece of the puzzle, and that you'd need a lot more variables in a model to get a clear picture of performance gains. Simply going for a maximum overall...
  9. Killingbeans

Børresen M1

They are aiming for interesting and intriguing, and it seems to be working. If they were actually innovative, those measurements wouldn't just be "pretty good". They'd be spectacular. We'd especially see measurements showing compression, distortion and resonances being suppressed in an...
  10. Killingbeans

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You can't eliminate bias without a blind test, and your conscious expectations have no control over your subconscious ones. A blind test is only non-essential when the reliability of the test results is equally non-essential.
  11. Killingbeans

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Airbrush paint it with Musou Black :p
  12. Killingbeans

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

We definitely get a surge of endorphins from the purchase itself. I imagine the audio snake-oil industry is heavily dependent on the need for retail therapy.
  13. Killingbeans

Extreme Snake Oil

I could be wrong, but it looks like it's more silly than just upscaling. The idea is to add ultrasonic harmonics via some "expert approved" algorithm in order to make the music "more emotional" :facepalm: And the non-HD K2 technology is just the JVC version of DSD?
  14. Killingbeans

Fair enough. Welcome @martinw72 Sorry for the bile, and have a go at this thread ;): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/welcome-new-members-to-asr-introduce-yourself-here.20204/ Alright... So, just the age old FUD about jitter?
  15. Killingbeans

Not really a problem. Digital systems detect binary values by thresholds and not by absolute levels. Stop grabbing your knowledge from marketing blurbs and read some proper educational textbooks about digital technology instead. EDIT: If you're talking about the non-perfect square waves coming...
Top Bottom