Recent content by Killingbeans

1. Killingbeans

THD has a much bigger effect on sound than you think

OK, I'm starting to get that lost cause feeling that pma mentioned earlier. Or maybe you are just on some weird crusade. Either way, I'm not going to waste more energy on this.
  2. Killingbeans

No offence, but I think you've misunderstood the concept of critical thinking. You do blind tests to verify observations that go against all known empirical evidence. If the observation is already supported by empirical evidence, it becomes pointless to do blind tests. If I tell you that it...
  3. Killingbeans

Noisy Purifi amplifiers

It would help if you dialed down the smugness a bit. You can have all the brains in the world, but it won't do you much good if you come off as a d##k. I think we can all agree that Class-D amps are "noisy", but that good designs also push the vast majority of the noise into the ultrasonics...
  4. Killingbeans

It's finally dawning on me that you're joking. That's fine and all, but maybe we should just move on? There's a risk that other users won't be able to read between the lines and will draw all kinds of bonkers conclusions from your writings.
  5. Killingbeans

If you push a man out of a moving plane, will you conclude that his death was "accidental" because the next 99999 people you push will have a chance to survive? I think it's fair to claim that "everyone" will die if you push them out of a moving plane :D Same thing here. What we know about the...
  6. Killingbeans

Only if the mask is wide enough to cover the second tone.
  7. Killingbeans

Why are you refusing to acknowledge the simple truth he's presenting to you? You've concocted a test that contains none of the components needed for masking, and take that as proof of masking having no effect. And then you insist on poor solderdude taking the same pointless test to verify the...
  8. Killingbeans

A Call For Humor!

9. Killingbeans

Digit Triplet Test: Hear Speech in Noise

Same here. I heard the first 9 digits at -10dB just fine, but then I got a '004' and heard it as '444' :rolleyes: 'Oh' is my enemy! But I guess 'zero' would be too permeating.
  10. Killingbeans

A $15k music streamer reviewed on stereophile

Somehow that made me remember that Footroot Flats was one of my favorite comics when I was a kid :)
  11. Killingbeans

Why are you duplicating your own post #117? o_O
  12. Killingbeans

I think I get what you're trying to say. But the thing is, you would only get an increase in amplitude in the frequencies where the harmonics exactly overlap? And even then it's not: Distortion1 + Distortion2 = DistortionTotal, it's: SQRT(Distortion1^2 + Distortion2^2) = DistortionTotal. Meaning...
  13. Killingbeans

Digit Triplet Test: Hear Speech in Noise

-6.86dB with suboptimal listening conditions. Fun test :) Looking at the results, I only misheard one specific digit; '0'. I heard it as '4' five times and marked it as '9' once.
  14. Killingbeans

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there buys off audiosciencereview?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/avsforum-is-talking-asr-smack.27357/
  15. Killingbeans

A Call For Humor!

@Raindog123 Wrong thread? :)
Top Bottom