Recent content by killdozzer

1. killdozzer

Would someone care to interprate Amir's measurements/reviews here? Revel v Wharfedale.

Kudos for the topic. I think this is a very welcome approach. There are people who want to act upon some solid info, but still need a bit of "what do those numbers mean" explaining.
  2. killdozzer

Denon AVRs vs Integrated stereo Amplifiers for 2 channel music

And that's exactly what I'm saying - a heat sink that meets end goal. Adding a few pounds of machined aluminum to your heatsink wouldn't add few decades. So, the example you're citing is just a bad example. No one is saying that's a job well done. I had a 1977 Hitachi still working well into...
  3. killdozzer

Again, the wrong direction. Spec sheets, and in particular the ones for AVRs, are anything BUT conservative (as they call them). An animal even more rare than an AVR measured at 8 ohm, THD less than 0.1, all channels driven over the entire bandwidth starting under 20Hz and going over 25kHz, is...
  4. killdozzer

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

It's not as easy as that. For example, you can have a flat measuring speaker going down to, let's say 37Hz and one that goes down to 55. They're both flat, but you're not getting the same result in your room. The room is never flat and affects the sound in a big, big way. But even before that...
  5. killdozzer

This is demonstrably false. AVRs are not under the same regulations for stating power specs as amps. This has been the biggest problem and what eventually gave AVR's power a bad rep. First and foremost, you can hardly find any that state power all channels driven as the main value. Not only that...
  6. killdozzer

If there's one to steer clear of, it's Hegel. They proved to be perfectly willing to put to the market a unit which is poorly designed and they ask a heap of money for it. There is a long thread about that on ASR. (If I remember correctly, it was the 95) Don't read too much into this "complex...
  7. killdozzer

More to the point, even in the same design choice, a 2x60Wpch into 8 should only weigh as much as it does. Anything above that is sheer nonsense. (I know you know that, I'm just pointing out it makes even less sense that one might think at first.) And even heat sinks and the rest makes no...
  8. killdozzer

There are so many hobbies... You don't have to pick one you don't understand. Class D weighs much less and outperforms A and AB Class.
  9. killdozzer

You do seem to be selling a lot of hot water. Which is basically just a step away from hot air.
  10. killdozzer

@CK. Oh, and btw, never take advice from people who make this kind of arguments. Nothing against you personally, @Golf but this makes no sense nor does your kg argument. If someone asks for help, try to help them don't obfuscate it even more. @CK. A well executed (!) AVR will play just the same...
  11. killdozzer

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Sadly, I'll have to keep on waiting. No amp or pre-amp of mine will ever feature a touch screen. Can't stand the little pricks.
  12. killdozzer

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Oh, but people see the world in 2D and the rest is a trained skill. You don't really see reality. And many paintings and photos are far more beautiful and have more detail and color than the actual location.
  13. killdozzer

You would be well advised to discard such nonsense and see it for what it is. When you hear "neuroscience" thrown around haphazardly the best way to understand it is in a manner in which "quantum" sells BS snake-oil in audio to those who don't enjoy thinking much. There are so many variables...
  14. killdozzer

I love the last couple of dozen of posts that finally explained, once and for all, the vinyl renaissance. It is, indeed, because of how we learn the symbolic communication system. Yes. I remember once, I wrote something about how vinyl-heads try to circumvent all good counter-arguments for...
Top Bottom