Recent content by kevinsullivan

1. K

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Have you considered the Hypex instead? 700/500/380w at 2/4/8ohm? I'm going to guess, and others can tell me if I'm wrong, that up to the 225W capacity of the Purifi, you'd likely hear no difference between the two. https://www.buckeyeamp.com/shop/p/hypex-ncx500-amplifier-3-channel.
  2. K

It's a minor issue. Just ask Dylan/Buckeye to send you the self-repair kit and instructions, or if you're worried about messing it up, send in the amp. Not a big deal at all.
  3. K

Wiim Pro or Wiim Mini+Dac

Thank you very much for that. Kevin
  4. K

Wiim Pro or Wiim Mini+Dac

Hi. Can the Wiim Pro power a USB DAC, namely a Scarlett 4i4 via USB out from the Wiim?
  5. K

A constrained speaker selection problem

Thanks, again, everyone. I got in line for a used pair of some of the speakers above. The ones that came up first were JBL 4309. Having moved from the 1970s to Wiim -> good DAC -> decent 80W NAD amp -> these speakers, my older lady friends are completely delighted. Classical, jazz, jazz vocals...
  6. K

Thank you all for these recommendations, -KS
  7. K

I'm helping my older women friends upgrade from a 1980 "college" stereo system to recently accessible near-audiophile quality equipment. Their new set-up is a new Wiim Pro streamer then to a SMSL higher-end DAC, then to their legacy 80W NAD amp (fine for now), and finally into cheap, old Kef...
  8. K

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

Also, as an outsider, but a technical person, I'm impressed at how such a small flaw in the signal path showed up so clearly in the tests. Seeing this deepened my confidence in the proposition that this amp really is ultra-clean. Otherwise it'd show up in testing--as it did here. Pretty cool.
  9. K

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

It's great news if that's the correct and final diagnosis. A few pennies worth of parts to drop in sure beats having to manufacture new boards. In the end it will have been a scary but ultimately good lesson on the need for up-front assured adequacy of testing procedures. The magnet test is also...
  10. K

SMSL SU-9 Pro not compatible with Mac

Works with 2016 MacBook Pro, at least for me.
  11. K

SMSL SU-9 Pro not compatible with Mac

I thought for a few weeks that my DAC had stopped being recognized by my MacBook over USB. It had been working great, then I updated the MacOS operating system and BOOM it no longer worked. Haha. Just one of those stupid things: I had *also* changed the input USB setting to bluetooth. As soon as...
  12. K

The least risky, lowest cost. high-payoff path will be to find the minimal satisfactory repair for the one outstanding issue, separating out any other modifications for another time.
  13. K

Thank you, that sounds good. The community seems supportive. Late-found design issues are always a drag. Sorry a glitch got through. It'll be interesting to hear the diagnosis.
  14. K

If we're just receiving Purifi units about now, should we unbox them, send them back, use them? Please advise on that. Thank you.
Top Bottom