Recent content by kevinh

1. K

Do we crave distortion?

This was long before the Internet or digital storage of files. Became aware of it in the early 70's in some long lost audio book I had at the time. Only things I remember from 50 years ago were meeting my wife and some concerts (GD Winterland 73 and 74 especially).
  2. K

Do we crave distortion?

Of course the issue ofr me is we don't really know what the original sounded like (I am thinking of older recording which I listen a lot to). In that case we need a tone control like the old Cello Audio Pallette rendered in software at a good prince point (ie <$500).
  3. K

Do we crave distortion?

Bell Labs did research in the 60's on what sounds better to humans. Now this was back when we didn't know about TIM even and they were transitioning from Tube "Line Amps" for the phone network. They testing indicated that Humans preferred 2nd harmonic with some 3rd harmonic at lower levels, with...
  4. K

Class D must read papers and publications

Here is a you tube vid on assembling the latest Hypex amp kit.
  5. K

MiniDSP Flex HTx

It appears that the Flex HTx allows you to purchase the: Dirac Live v3.x Upgrade for Multichannel (8ch) Full range correction (20~20kHz)
  6. K

How Dangerous is AI?

I am advocating for the US 1st Amendment, not anarchy. There is a reason the Founding Fathers put that on first.
  7. K

How Dangerous is AI?

Big Tech Companies working with Governments to censor information is the death of freedom. The Ai will present us with a Narrative rather than information.
  8. K

Salesman Talk

Correct, he did have an eye for good engineers like John Curl and Dick Burwen.
  9. K

Salesman Talk

The software was designed by Dick Burwen he licensee it to Levinson when he was in his late 80's. Levinson is who he is but the software that Burwen designed is very good. HE is taking credit for the Audio Palette. Which Burwen had built for his own stereo system.
  10. K

Salesman Talk

Not talking about RQ I am talking about a TONE Control, that can be adjusted in real time then saved for each piece of music. I didn't see were JRiver did that. Now the software hasn't advanced much since Burwen designed it, it doesn't support streaming for example. They have samples of...
  11. K

Salesman Talk

First is ease of fuse, The filters are low Q and well selected, When you eq a piece of music the settings are saved so next time you listen to the piece no need to adjust the eq. again. There may be other software with similar design that I am not aware of, do you have software that I could...
  12. K

Salesman Talk

Ok A little off topic, but a tone control is a good thing to deal with less than perfect recordings. Richard Burwen designed the Cello Audio Palette in the 1980's he built a version for himself and M Levinson hah him design a version to produce. Heard it at a Stereophile Event in NYC in the 80's...
  13. K

Salesman Talk

I like listening to Grateful Dead concerts on youtube especially shows I attended. The recording is what it is.
  14. K

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Why degrade the sound of the Genelec's by using overpriced amps when you could use the better digital amps in the Genelec's not to mention not using the GLM system. Fools and their money.
  15. K

Class D must read papers and publications

I had this on my feed today, nice intro to how class D works info from IR and TI.
Top Bottom