Recent content by Kevinfc

1. K

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Agree, very nice DAC. By price levels of just a decade ago a great value. Less so today though.
  2. K

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

My concern is drilling the hole to accept such a fitting. I’d certainly prefer this to a simple TRS jack, but it appears that three holes per jack must be drilled in a very tight area. Is this the case? If so, how did you accomplish it, any tips? thanks
  3. K

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Good points. Normally a remote isn’t all that important, but in the case of this and similar DAC’s, they are also used as preamps. Bluetooth Is such a widely used protocol that devices abound, so there’s always a possibility of finding an appropriate device for your needs.
  4. K

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

“The move toward devices controlled by Bluetooth without IR sensors is a terrible trend from my point of view” I disagree. I have always found IR remotes difficult to use, as they need a precise line of sight to operate. Perhaps the Bluetooth frequencies aren’t the best to assign to a remote...
  5. K

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

The golden age of audio electronics is upon us. Another incredibly high performance, inexpensive product. I’m old enough to have paid twenty times as much for an inferior piece.
  6. K

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

If only I had an interest in being tethered into a wired headphone….
  7. K

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

This one doesn’t look very large, particularly for a 10a. I can’t find any similar brick power supply, they’re all 48v 5a. That in itself is an innovation for this product. Like you I have mixed feelings about an outboard power supply, but it’s for aesthetic reasons only.
  8. K

Good call, I’ll keep an eye out on their website.
  9. K

Personally, I’d like to get my hands on just the 10a power supply
  10. K

At that price I’d bet you’re stuck with buying one with a 5a supply and replacing it. Maybe you can find one on a Chinese website.
  11. K

I understand the logic and agree. Even if the 5a power supply had better numbers, I’d have no interest in buying it. There’s plenty of other amps offering a smaller power supply with similar features using that chip. To me, the point of the A70 is more features AND much more power.
  12. K

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Not something I’d ever consider buying for myself, but still a competent product and a good value.
  13. K

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Can anyone answer the following question; what is the detectable threshold level of SINAD for amplifiers?
  14. K

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

Seems like an excellent, interesting product, but the marginal return is quite slim based on the price.
Top Bottom