Recent content by kevin1969

1. K

Hi-fi Ethernet cable - does it help with network streamer?

Yup exactly. As long as TCP can recover within the music buffering time, you'll never notice any loss.
  2. K

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

On the forum over there, they complain about that review all the time yet you certainly don't see the company pushing Stereophile to get it re-reviewed with the new firmware.
  3. K

PS Audio DirectStream DAC Mk.2 measurements

For people that know nothing about soldering. What are we looking at ?
  4. K

Revel bookshelf comparison of M16's to M105's

Did the M16 come with port plugs because mine didn't. Or are people using specific third party brand port plugs for them?
  5. K

Video attempting to show benefit of audio network switches

There is no benefit to audiophile grade ethernet switches.
  6. K

Passive Sound Bar or Equivalent

Does anybody make a passive sound bar type speaker? Or perhaps just small speakers that would fit around a tight space on a TV shelf? Possibly thin vertical wall mount or stand L/R speakers that have good dispersion?
  7. K

Video attempting to show benefit of audio network switches

@amirm what exactly is the real life setup that he is trying to emulate? Is he not aware that almost all music sources are just files which are downloaded to your streamer by HTTP over TCP? He's treating playing music as a real time media protocol, which makes no sense whatsoever.
  8. K

Hi-fi Ethernet cable - does it help with network streamer?

There's nothing special about digital audio signals going over Ethernet. In fact, it's literally just a file that's being downloaded by your streamer and then being converted into analog or another digital format if you're using an external DAC
  9. K

Any PSB fans here?

Listen to the X2T Towers, they are only a few hundred more. I wish the finish was nicer but they are amazing speakers. It's a shame there isn't much else until you get to the Synchrony price line.
  10. K

Any PSB fans here?

I had a pair of Imagine X2T Towers which were phenomenal until I accidentally blew them up and replaced them with Revel F36 Towers. The Revels are amazing speakers, but there was something about the PSB mid-range that was just amazing for certain kinds of music.
  11. K

Why are there no female Audiophiles?

Why buy the drugs when you can just date the dealer.
  12. K

PS Audio DirectStream DAC Mk.2 measurements

Getting exciting over there. https://forum.psaudio.com/t/directstream-dac-mk2-mountaintop-mount-massive/34549/267
Top Bottom