1. KenMasters

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Everything works as it should for me.
  2. KenMasters

Masimo released a video detailing the improvements:
  3. KenMasters

That measurement is with the antenna, 14.9" is without the antenna, which is about what I get measuring from front dial to back posts.
  4. KenMasters

I do, currently connected to a C9, with a G3 incoming. I was using eARC for a few days without issue, but am now routing everything through the X6800 for simplicity's sake - no issues there either.
  5. KenMasters

No problem now my side gaming at 4K in HDR at 120Hz with VRR.
  6. KenMasters

Apologies Matt, you are right. On my C9 it does switch to Game Mode. I hope the same is true of the G3 (the reading up on which lead to my obstinance). And right again, this was the problem (maybe an HDCP 2.3 thing?). Using a single cable all is good, thank you.
  7. KenMasters

I'm aware of the setting, but it still sits on top of the current picture mode, which is not quite as responsive as the dedicated Game Mode. I've connected the PS5 directly to the TV with the audio delivered via eARC and everything is working perfectly now. Definitely something off about the...
  8. KenMasters

Yes, it'll go into ALLM but not switch to game mode, it's within the current preset - which I believe adds a small amount of delay over the dedicated Game Mode. It's how I did it with my previous Denon and it worked perfectly. It is there and it is set to 8K Enhanced. I've tried every...
  9. KenMasters

No, direct through the Denon, using output 1 for my Apple TV and Blu-ray player and output 2 for the PS5 (for dedicated Game Mode setting).
  10. KenMasters

The PS5 only displays through the Denon for a minute or two, then the connection is lost and doesn't return. I've seen it happen with my Apple TV now as well, so maybe the HDMI board is defective? EDIT: Apple TV is fine with the PS5 disconnected.
  11. KenMasters

Mine was delivered yesterday, annoyingly it doesn't seem to work properly with my PS5 - hoping an update resolves this. Will use a direct connection and eARC in the meantime. @patoulol - I see you have a PS5, let me know if you have any such issue.
  12. KenMasters

HELP please... L shaped room Bass Questions!

It'll be useful to compare the response of the sub in different positions at the front row. It's not surprising you experience more bass against the back wall, there's likely significant reinforcement - it doesn't necessarily mean you're not getting good output at the front seats, it might only...
  13. KenMasters

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Even with room correction disabled, could it not be in general reserve, considering the user still has the ability to boost individual channels and frequencies?
  14. KenMasters

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Is it not headroom reserved for Audyssey and Dirac?
  15. KenMasters

If there was a perfect and invisible audio system would you still enjoy this hobby?

What is the hobby? I enjoy the tech and theory behind AV - but only in so far as it caters to my experience of music and cinema. An undeniably perfect system would mean I can stop concerning myself with that side of the equation and focus more completely on the passions it is intended to serve.
Top Bottom