Recent content by KenA

1. KenA

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Amir, if I may give you advise: 1. Don’t panic. 2. Stand strong. Set your stance and don’t back down. Make sure your lawyer agrees with that stance. 3. Be a little cautious about what you write. If court action happens, your writings may be produced in Court. Typically it would go like this...
  2. KenA

Would the separate review be a test with feet in or feet out? It would probably have to be with feet out to replicate Erins results, then you could just end up in the same boat as Erin, especially since you knew the test should be done feet in.
  3. KenA

I used to be a criminal court prosecutor. However, I won’t even attempt to speak of civil law in a country that’s not mine. My comments (and only an opinion) here would be: Don’t panic. Let it evolve and watch before taking any action over a fund, there would be plenty of time if actual action...
  4. KenA

How people choose very expensive High-End speakers?

In addition to aesthetic’s and just feeling good about owning a luxury item, there’s longevity and durability that generally comes (although not every time!) with gear that is well engineered and built of quality and robust materials.
  5. KenA

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Here’s an interesting quote from Mytek site: ‘…the sound of BB2 is roughly 20% better than the original Brooklyn Bridge’ I wonder how that was determined? Also: ‘There are no comparable Streamers in the market with this good hi-res DAC at this price.’ Hmm…
  6. KenA

I’ve got to ask, because you’ve said it twice now, why is it that you believe people are ‘projecting’ onto others. What does that even mean? People here are expressing their personal subjective opinion on an online forum, on a product that has just been objectively tested by a professional. If...
  7. KenA

Five. Thousand. Dollars. Maybe you need to buy their Empire streamer at $12.5k to get above the ‘fair’ performance zone.
  8. KenA

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

Not sure the word ‘magic’ as a positive descriptive for audio gear is well respected at this site.
  9. KenA

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

The instructions seem to indicate that the entire face of it can be skim coated with plaster as well. Up to 2mm they recommend. I’d think that plaster and paint would make a difference? interesting product, and I must say I do like the idea for AV, but I‘d want better. Thanks for the review.
  10. KenA

Power management for best sound.

From my understanding of a plasma screen - and maybe you can ask chat gpt since you have faith in it - black colours are when the cell is off, as in zero volts. So voltage drop (even if it did exist across an extension cord) could not effect the deepness of the black. And for your amp I believe...
  11. KenA

where should I look to upgrade?

It’s obvious. $2k power cable. Your prayers answered. Joking! I’m with HarminicTHD advice above - look for a speaker improvement spending as much as you are willing and with a good shop-around for best deal, and hold onto EQ If you can.
  12. KenA

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Bream Bay, New Zealand.
  13. KenA

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Snake oil boxes? Can you elaborate on that?
Top Bottom