Recent content by keith_h

1. keith_h

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

This is the correct answer. Despite all the dire assertions from tea leaf readings of measurements, the M10 is a suitable hub for a sweet small room system. With my setup its discreet (hidden actually) and operated with a mobile device. I never see or touch the front display, device is behind a...
  2. keith_h

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Are you sure you knew *why* it sounded underwhelming? Yes. Immature technology and poor mastering of existing recordings. Compared to vinyl recordings of the same albums it sounded woeful and this was well documented at the time in the early 80's...
  3. keith_h

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

Honestly, go wired. Problem solved. https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=ssid https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/M10_eng_OM_v11.pdf https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000484708-How-do-I-reset-my-BluOS-Player-to-Hotspot-Mode-
  4. keith_h

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Amplifier Tests (Video)

The first rule of the dk club is you don’t know you are in the dk club.
  5. keith_h

Post a picture, a photograph, a drawing, a screenshot, ...no words.

=45&hash=7fda5b1a0b3078633a3cbbbd9fd7de03']Attach files
  6. keith_h

Measurements & What We Hear?

I went to the great big sticky and had a good look. Will refrain from similar observations in future.
  7. keith_h

Mirrorless design

Went to a wedding recently where mirrorless cams without strobes were used by the tog. Results were very good I must say. You can also check exposure settings with an app on an iphone these days. There's an app for that apparently.
  8. keith_h

Lens corrections equivalent to audio corrections when possible

There's no real comparison of audio and photography. One is consuming someone else's art via a bunch of electronics and transducers, the other is capturing light in some way to create an image. If there were comparisons to be drawn, its the way in which some invest in the hardware. In both...
  9. keith_h

Power Cords and Sound

This is a vexed topic. Kudos to the OP who surely must have known he was going to get flamed for making such an admission. I'll also admit to using initially for the purpose of an experiment. In my case using a WAudio cable, possibly the least expensive of these things available. It comes with...
  10. keith_h

Measurements & What We Hear?

I wonder if there is a bit of cart before horse here. Various conversations state or conclude that: the entire chain from source to transducer is full of variables the room acoustics are an important influence in what is heard the listening experience is subjective While tests under controlled...
  11. keith_h

Mirrorless design

I'm firmly in the traditional SLR bodied camp for the long term. The current crop of mirrorless bodies offer amazing results but the cost for me to migrate is prohibitive. I currently have four bodies and a suite of lenses, plus an RX100II which means pretty much every situation is covered. Up...
  12. keith_h

Stick With G9 Or Move On?

Is the quality of your images currently unsatisfactory? Does the handling of the camera disagree with you? Is you current post processing tool not making the most of your images perhaps? How are your images consumed? If for example you are just looking at them on a small screen then they should...
  13. keith_h

PSB Imagine Mini's. Later bought a PSB sub to go with. Turned out to be very good indeed.
  14. keith_h

Lots of good stuff here. Let me present my humble contribution. I officially have a Tin Ear according to a local hifi establishment. I was awarded this on the strength of auditioning the very first gen CD player and the handful of available CD's and declaring it to sound underwhelming, which it...
Top Bottom