Recent content by Keith Conroy

1. K

Audio Engineering Society 2023 Conference

Yes If you could secure a reprint of that on the B & K 5128................That would be GREAT............!!!!!
  2. K

Fosi Audio P3 Preamplifier & Headphone Amplifier Discussion

I have worked in the USA Audio industry as an engineer for a number of years. However most of my work has been on the loudspeaker side. First congratulations on the V3 design. I think you have executed very well. Especially at the current retail price. My preference would be a true subwoofer...
  3. K

Need to replace my tweeters on Infinity Primus 360 Tower speakers

You have some good input here from other posts! Yes, 1st check to make 100% sure the tweeter is bad? I think better to check with a multi-meter then a battery. You can find a new multi-meter for $20.00 or under. A multi-meter will tell you if the tweeter is good or bad? However it will also...
  4. K

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

"Well if we do them quickly and fast, they can also be half-fast projects…" :).............Here was one of your comments?? I sensed a bit of levity. So I thought I would add some levity also..........As with your comment, I didn't expect my post to be taken seriously. I spent a good share of my...
  5. K

"Paired" Speakers

I don't know how old your current speakers are. Many older model speakers had different degree's of end of line testing. This whole MATCHED PAIR was somewhat of a marketing thing & somewhat real world. Most likely Celestion had a fixed end of line testing routine. They smartly decided they could...
  6. K

Advice wanted: Taking over an HiFi Store

I have spent my working life in audio. Pro Audio, Home Audio & Car Audio. I have been a seller / Dist. /Engineer............Most of the last 20 years have been in engineering. Some of what to do, has to do with the total business cost! I would say bargain on this part of the deal. Brick & Mortar...
  7. K

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

Well here is an idea.................Work all your projects out in your head and stop there.??? It works great. When you have problems on the project you can work those out in your head too. You always have 100 percent success?? Everything done in your head?? Ya..........Hmm..........there is...
  8. K

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

Sir, I respect the effort you put in to go through testing & then joining this site to post. You already have time invested to do detective work on sonic quality. I will say this. True double blind testing is a somewhat complex science. It was developed by numerous engineers and involved years...
  9. K

Changing a tweeter good idea on a manufactured speaker?

Rick has given you sage advice! You would be advised to follow it! If I added a comment it would be a very similar to Ricks?
  10. K

Wanting to build 2 small subwoofers to go on either side of my fireplace - advice appreciated

I can appreciate another opinion. However its starting to sound like your trying to be a posting policeman. The original poster ask for some advice on a subwoofer design in a very small space. I ask for some additional system information from this poster. If he chooses not to give it that's his...
  11. K

Wanting to build 2 small subwoofers to go on either side of my fireplace - advice appreciated

I saw an image of a space he has on each side of a fireplace. Maybe I missed an image?? I'm not sure what your trying to say with your comment? If you design a subwoofer in a small space you have limits. Is this subwoofer meant to compliment main speakers? If so I want to know what those are? In...
  12. K

Sorry to keep pressing with questions. Are you using these sub woofers to supplement the Low Frequency response of what I'll call your mains speakers? If so, it's very important to get some details on your main speakers. Size efficiency how low they go in Freq..........Etc?? I think you could...
  13. K

Maybe I missed it? Its important to know what your using for main speakers?
  14. K

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

Completely understandable.............This Forum always needs to be a hobby that you enjoy! If you put too much pressure on yourself, all of a sudden it becomes a job!! I think that's not good?? Your post was welcome to let people know the why's and keep them informed!...........So that's a good...
  15. K

JBL SA600 Vintage Amplifier Review

Hmmmm...........................Maybe the model T is better??? Turn that hand crank to start can be rough though!
Top Bottom