Recent content by keiron99

1. K

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I'm very keen to try out dirac and the minidsp flex seems the way to go. My listening is almost exclusively vinyl. Could I plug my phone stage into the minidsp, and then connect that to the HT bypass of my Rotel 1592 integrated? Edit: turns out there is no HT bypass! Oh well. Nevermind.
  2. K

Thanks. Yikes. I see this thing is not for the faint hearted. May as well be written in Chinese as far as I'm concerned! Think I'll just stick to plonking a few cushions round the room and tweaking the tone controls to taste!
  3. K

Sorry for the basic nature of my question: do you need a laptop computer to set up Dirac on the minidsp flex? If so - because I don't have one - could I borrow one, set it up and then no longer need the laptop?
  4. K

AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET

Digging this one up because I'm in a similar position looking at the LPA S600NCX and HPA S600NCX. Did you establish whether there are any differences other than the case and 12v trigger? Did you make a decision?
  5. K

WiiM Amp discussion

I looked this up on Youtube. Yet another Youtuber who likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much. Sounds like a wannabe night time DJ. Now, I don’t understand the tech side of hifi – I hardly understand anything discussed on these pages! - but I always give a review more credibility if it...
  6. K

Classic Audio MC Pro Phonostage Review

I'm still toying with the idea of "upgrading" from my Lehmann to this Classic Audio MC stage, especially now it's available in black, but can't get over the nervousness of making yet another change to my hifi that will make zero audible difference (to wit: every change of CD player, DAC, amp...
  7. K

How Come the L3/5A No Longer Relevant in Today's Studio World?

I heard a couple of pairs of LS3/5a speakers at a hifi show earlier this year. Despite knocking on 60, this was the first time I'd heard them. I was really impressed. Really engaging, lifelike sound you could reach out and touch. Voices really do sound so natural and real. I have no idea whether...
  8. K

Is it possible to "upgrade" my phono stage?

I have a Technics SL1200G, AT OC9 XSH MC cartridge, going into a Lehmann Black Cube SE II phono stage, Rotel and and Harbeth M30 speakers. Sounds nice. I have, in the past, had several phono stages come and go at various price points (about £50 to £750) and, to be honest, was never really able...
  9. K

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I also have the Sundara headphones and the Wiim. The parametric EQ finally appeared on my app yesterday and despite reading the instructions, it fries my brain! I'd really appreciate if you could perhaps share a picture of what your screen looks like so I can copy it. Thanks.
  10. K

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

All donations gratefully accepted
  11. K

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

I used to own a pair of Stax Lambda Signature "earspeakers" years ago, and sold them when the kids came along as I wasn't listening to music much. I still remember first hearing them at a hifi show; I was simply astonished. You simply get lost in the music in a way you cant with bog-standard...
  12. K

Amazing. You expend time and energy coming on this thread to crap all over a product that you have no interest in nor experience of? I have no interest in compact cassette but don't go onto forums telling enthusiasts that their kit is junk.
  13. K

BBC speakers

Responding here for no particular reason other than I'm browsing around... I was at a UK hifi show a couple of months back (North West HiFi show) and, as always, was overwhelmingly underwhelmed (if that makes sense) by almost everything. Overpriced, over-engineered nonsense. However, out of...
  14. K

You seem to have taken a strong disliking to this product. Could you please explain why? What's the other technology you refer to?
  15. K

@Michael Fidler Do you have any plans to make a black version of this? Thanks.
Top Bottom