Recent content by _thelaughingman

1. _thelaughingman

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

@BDWoody thank you for sharing your health update and wish you a speedy recovery. More men need to start taking the initiative of being mindful of their health needs and not take the route of “it'll go away”. Glad you listened to your body and made the right choice.
  2. _thelaughingman

Optical connection

I was researching this recently for my Panasonic Blu-ray player and found this tiny bit of information in the user manual. OPTICAL Down Sampling Set the maximum sampling frequency to be used when outputting down-sampled audio from the OPTICAL terminal. ≥ Set a frequency supported by the...
  3. _thelaughingman

How to incorporate DSP in this system.

@Keith_W thank you so much for the diagram and explainer, definitely going to go down this route and see what I can get out of it.
  4. _thelaughingman

OH wow, what a glaring mistake on my part. yes i do have two old RTR floor standing speakers and an SVS-PB1000pro subwoofer in the chain.
  5. _thelaughingman

Hey all, I have a pretty modest system that I listen to from time to time and have recently discovered a way to perform room measurement (REW+UMik). I would like to implement DSP into the audio chain and couldn't really figure out a solution. Should there be a stand alone DSP unit such as...
  6. _thelaughingman

ifi Zen blue V2 vs Wiim Pro Plus worth the change?

1280's are decent and cheap for desktop listening, I've had them for more than six years, and they've been cycled around various setups.
  7. _thelaughingman

I tried the B&K for my edifier 1280T and it was too bright.
  8. _thelaughingman

Thank you for recommending the House Curve app, I had no idea that this nifty app existed, which makes it so easy. I think Harman is usually preferred by many, but B&K curve is more diffuse field IMO and may be a bit different. But it's based on personal preference.
  9. _thelaughingman

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Hooray!!! I am glad that it's finally been achieved! PEQ within a DAC, thank you, Topping, for making this happen.
  10. _thelaughingman

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Bwahahahha. Hey now, i was talking about the DAC.
  11. _thelaughingman

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Impressive work. Definitely a technical marvel for such a small package.
  12. _thelaughingman

FS/US: Hifiman Edition XS $200, Hifiman HE4xx $100. (Used)

Selling a pair of headphones from my collection of headphones. These have been gently used and have had minimal use, there is wear and tear on both. Hifiman Edition XS $200. Owned them for about a year and these aren't my favorite anymore due to the fact that I wear glasses and the egg shaped...
  13. _thelaughingman

DMS Omega seems great

The design is just way out of the left field!
  14. _thelaughingman

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Wait what??? How is air pressure inside a speaker box pushing MACH1? How did you even measure the speed of such pressure?
Top Bottom