Recent content by kchap

1. K

AC power supply on Amazon (EU)

It's probably just a transformer. They are not as common as 15V DC SMPS but I do find matches when I search google. BTW, the Topping L50 also comes with a 15V AC PSU i.e. a 15V transformer in a plug pack.
  2. K

1 foot solid silver conductor interconnect vs. 0.5 foot Mogami W2964 interconnect

As already discussed it's a waste of money. If you already own silver cables, keep them. With the exponential growth in solar panels they could be worth a lot more on the scrap metal market in the future ;)
  3. K

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Agree, but my focus is on a small streamer using a cheap SBC with DAC/HPA all sitting on a side table. Rather than run CamillaDSP of similar on the SBC, I would prefer to do the DSP on the DAC. An SBC like the Rasberry PI 4 should be ok for DSP, but I am not confident about running at 96 or 192k.
  4. K

Thanks. I did see that section in the manual but had no idea what Topping were referring to, I actually thought 'PEQ project' was referring to some future firmware release. I have topping devices. Their manuals are not exactly up to RME to standards :)
  5. K

My my question regarding PEQ is: How do I configure it in a Linux system such as Moode or Volumio? If it is a set and forget process I can do either via the remote/font panel or connecting once to a Windows machine, then I can get by. If not the PEQ is useless.
  6. K

It seems that the D50 III and the A50 III with a RPI might be a very good side table combo.
  7. K

"Premium" USB & Ethernet cables?

Off topic but I recently purchased a USB cable tester; Treedix USB Tester. There are a quite a few to choose from, but the Treedix seemed to be one of the more comprehensive testers. It is a very handy device to have in the desk draw.
  8. K

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I went with a relative to a Hi-Fi store to compare the B&W 703s to the R11s. Note, I do own an over 20yo pair of 803s and therefore I am biased. In fact, I preferred the the R11s.
  9. K

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

Is that an oxymoron?
  10. K

I am obsessed with my RPI5 running as a streamer for Qobuz and more!!!

I'm disappointed in the RPI5. I bought one to compare with my RPI4s. I'm not critical of the performance, but I think the RPI foundation missed the opportunity for some basic improvements. Everybody has their on list of improvements and dislikes. Not all could be implemented while...
  11. K

Can Anybody Assist With my Optical Issue?

As we know the TOSLINK standard is a joke, its a 40 year old standard, it does not officially support192/24, the cable is plastic and it's limited to 1~2m. There are references to higher speeds and distances but in practice no one seems to bother. For about the same price as a TOSLINK cable...
  12. K

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

Does this the we can all achieve the the superior tube sound by inserting a single stage tube amp between the signal source, DAC, pre-amp etc and the input of the class D power amp. I don't have to buy a pair of TRX-M845 amplifiers after all.
  13. K

Topping DM7 on Linux generally and Raspberry PI OS specifically

I'm not saying resampling/re-clocking is never used, but normally it's a case of the DAC signalling the the PC when the DAC buffer is below a certain threshold. The PC will then signal the music source for more data when the PC buffer is below its threshold. With AES3-S/PDIF...
  14. K

Topping E70 - PCM fiters

The filter is mandatory, Reconstruction Filter. This subject has been done to death at ASR, for example, Minimum Phase vs Linear Phase. I'm in the linear phase camp as per sampling theory. Also, I can't hear anything at those frequencies.
  15. K

Topping DM7 on Linux generally and Raspberry PI OS specifically

It could be a problem. The DM7 and the TV are both providing clock. The TV is providing timing via the the data stream while the DM7 is controlling clocking by managing the rate at which blocks of data are delivered over the USB port.
Top Bottom