Recent content by KaMiKaZeCATS

1. K

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

I have a non burmaster w205 c class and the sound system was truly awful. It was made up of 4 100mm drivers and a single 6.5 inch driver. No tweeters and no true Subwoofer. It sound terrible and distortion was very audible at high volumes. Most manufactures use very cheap speakers and just use...
  2. K

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

IMO this is terrible performance for the price... Measure Helix or Eton Amps/DSP or even Alpine high end amps outperform this at half the price.... Car audio SNIAD should be at a MIN of 80db
  3. K

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I can't comment on the Dali Oberon 1, but the Zensor 1 measure like poo. Zensor 1 measuerments for reference. The difference should be night and day with DBR 62. But I will wait until I receive to draw any conclusions. Zensor 1 will go to surround duty.
  4. K

When I receive my set I can compare it to Dali Zensor 1 & Zensor Vokal if interested.
  5. K

I found some measurements on hifitest.de They seem very good +/- 3dB from flat. Slight dip at 1khz but otherwise very flat. I think Blue is 0, Green is 15 and Red is 30 degrees. if so this should be perfectly fine for my use case. I think ill keep the order.
  6. K

Does anyone have any info, ideally measurements or at least impressions on the matching center speaker? DCR-52. I just ordered the whole set, DCR-52 + DBR-62 for a good deal, About 1k USD. A bit worried I shouldn't have ordered the DCR-52. Please don't assume all MTM are bad. I wont be...
  7. K

Audio analyzer project

On the topic of input buffer, why not use LM4562 like nihtila in his AK5572 ADC? Schematic: https://nihtila.com/wp-content/files/ADC_AK5572_v12A_sch.pdf His design while not reaching your THD+N levels, comes close with 100k Input impedance. Something critical for audio analyzer.
  8. K

Topping D10s + E1DA Cosmos ADC as a measuring system

Sorry to start a slightly old thread but what's the point in using a attenuator with the e1da? The input voltage is quite versatile in terms of sensitivity? Unless you are going above 43vrms I don't really see a point.... Asking since I have one and im doing measuments perfectly fine within the...
  9. K

Audio analyzer project

Amazing work! Very interested in building one!
  10. K

Alpine PDX-V9 Review (car amplifier)

Respect to alpine for not making the usual garbage in the car audio world
  11. K

Douk HiFi 6N3 Vacuum Tube Preamp Review

I would be interested in seeing a comparison with tube amplifiers vs a SOTA AMP + dsp effect that adds this distortion. It seems easy to replicate. Plus you get all the benefits of a SOTA eg low noise, better crosstalk ect
  12. K

Kicker Key 180.4 Review (DSP Car Amplifier)

In the kind of cars that this would be installed in I think this is relatively good performance! When somone bragging how thumpin there 4 x 12 inch subs are in thier 99 civic. They are actually getting 0.1% SINAD. That's pretty good considering the car audio market thinks *CHEAP PLASTIC...
  13. K

JL Audio HD900/5 Review (Car Amplifier)

Loving this car audio content, Keep it up! would love to see you test some of the car DSP's dac's. I can only imagine the horror stories there o_O PS: Good on JL for matching/beating thier specs. Its such a crap shoot in the world of car audio!
Top Bottom