Recent content by kaka89

1. K

How bad can this CD player with optical out be for $70

I actually own this player. It doesn't look as good as the picture because the wood doesn't felt real http://amadanamusic.amadana.com/cdp/
  2. K

Dutch & Dutch 8M arrive!

don't understand why they didn't include the cardioid, the cardioid is passive and shouldn't add too much to the cost? dutch and dutch has too many orders they probably cannot keep up with the 8c production anyway.
  3. K

Buchardt A500 Measurements and Spinorama

Consider the price, the directivity is pretty well control. If they can remove the 300-500Hz energy firing to the back that would be perfect. If Erin can produce the directivity graph for the other DSP settings that would be awesome.
  4. K

Harbeth Monitor 30 Speaker Review

If the curve sounds better it should be included in the mix already.
  5. K

Practical use of Dutch and Dutch 8c

Matrix X-SPDIF 2 seems to be a fine DDC. Their product usually measure pretty well in here. https://www.matrix-digi.com/en/products/314.html https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/gustard-u16-es8620-support-pcm32bit-768k-dsd512-dop-and-native-dsd-digital-interface
  6. K

8C don't need a sub, or it already come with a sub built in, the two woofers in the back only produce 100Hz and below.
  7. K

You cannot stream music directly. I connect my 8C to an external DAC where handles optical (TV) and USB input (and thus allow me to stream via a Pi)
  8. K

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Can this be used as a pre-amp in home stereo setup?
  9. K

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Still don't get it. If change to closer distance, SPL will go up but everything else should remain the same. The graph looks like only one treble is making sound.
  10. K

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

I don’t get the narrow vertical dispersion too. How is this "full height" of the speaker when the graph show only one beam.
  11. K

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

@hardisj Great review. D&D's cardioid is a passive design, however there is a side wall settings in the app to adjust the distance from the side wall. Could you help me understand how this is done and can this be measure? Thanks!
  12. K

Amazon Basics 80 Watt Amplifier Teardown

I would pay $70 just for the case and replace the parts with Purifi
  13. K

Pro-ject Optical Box E Review (Phono Stage)

I have the same device and the price is half of what Amir state. I see no major fault in this device except the higher noise floor, but like other people said, who cares about noise floor when play vinyl. The distortion is the worst part but given is lower price point I think it is acceptable...
  14. K

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

This clearly shows the limitation of the preference score. One must also consider the SPL, distortion and directivity of the speaker.
  15. K

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

So DAC now days are as good as a pure pre-amp. $599 for a volume control makes my $1099 RME ADI-2 DAC seems like a good deal.
Top Bottom