Recent content by Kain

1. K

Have Genelec speakers been used in large dub stages?

Have any Genelec speakers been used in large dub stages? Or are they not that kind of speaker? Could some of the large speakers from the Main Monitors line be used in such an application?
  2. K

How spacious sounding are the Genelec The Ones?

Is that a good thing or bad thing because they are not exactly the biggest speakers I've ever seen. I've seen speakers sound bigger than they physically are.
  3. K

Thanks for the replies. I was indeed referring to the sweet spot but the rest of the discussion in this thread is interesting and relevant too. Wanted to know if The Ones have as wide a sweet spot as the LSR305. JustJones says the JBLs will have a wider sweet spot while RobL says his 8361As...
  4. K

How is the sound stage or how spacious sounding are the Genelec The Ones? My LSR305 sound quite spacious and have a large sound stage. Wanted to know how The Ones compare? When I move my head to the left or right side, the sound stage doesn't really collapse. Is it the same with The Ones?
  5. K

Chord Qutest

Any comments/opinions on the Schiit Bifrost 2/64? It's quite a bit cheaper than the Qutest.
  6. K

macOS vs. Windows vs. Linux

What is the best media player for macOS? Needs to play MKV files and have good support for SDR, HDR10, and Dolby Vision. Is it Infuse?
  7. K

Chord Qutest

Here is a post on another forum where someone is using a Qutest with their PC for everything (movies, music, and gaming) and doesn't seem to notice any delay/latency. https://www.stereonet.com/forums/topic/526588-does-anyone-game-on-high-end-dacs/
  8. K

Chord Qutest

Thanks. I'm not going to game with it but just wanted to know about the latency thus just stated, hypothetically, if gaming was possible with it. So, if I connect the Qutest to the MacBook and listen to hi-res lossless music on Apple Music, the audio will be resampled? What would I need to do...
  9. K

Chord Qutest

Any comments? I know this DAC would probably be referred to as a "snake oil DAC" by ASR but I would still want to confirm if my assumptions are correct. 1. I read that the latency is not that much in the Qutest review here on ASR. Is this correct? 2. You can use the Qutest through a USB hub...
  10. K

With the MX Master 3S, do you guys use it over Bluetooth or the supplied USB receiver? Is there any latency/responsiveness difference between the two options when on a Mac?
  11. K

Chord Qutest

Few questions regarding the Chord Qutest which I might be getting for my MacBook: 1. How much latency is there with the Qutest? Would fast paced gaming be possible with it? 2. Can I use the Qutest through a USB hub like the Caldigit Element Hub or would it be better to connect it directly to...
  12. K

Any comments/opinions on the Magic Mouse?
  13. K

For those who use a Mac, what mouse do you use?
  14. K

Which OS do you prefer?
  15. K

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Do USB DACs require drivers to run on Windows and macOS? Also, will this DAC be compatible with macOS?
Top Bottom