Recent content by Kadent

1. Kadent

Neurochrome HP-22 - The $90 high-performance DIY headphone amp

Would it still be possible to have a gain of 3.16 at the headphone out and unity gain tapping off the unbalanced output of the HP22 to the input of the evaluation board? I assume that would make more sense as to modifying the evaluation board which I would guess is already in unity gain. Kaden
  2. Kadent

Neurochrome HP-22 - The $90 high-performance DIY headphone amp

@tomchr Pardon the resurrection of an old (but good!) thread. However it is that time of which I am getting slightly bored with my current headphone amp, and considering building the HP22. A few questions I had in mind, of which possibly others may be thinking as well. One requirement in my...
  3. Kadent

Denon AH-D5200

Yes. 5k sharp peak in certain songs cause a bit of ringing in your ears. However each one of our ears are different and unique. You made not notice a problem. I think there is still room for improvement in terms of eq. But I have not had the time to further measure and adjust additional...
  4. Kadent

Denon AH-D5200

I bought a set of them a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised with them. They are comfortable for long periods of time and are built well. I have a bit of eq to tame the treble and flatten the mids. They are just a bit spicy for my tastes. Id be happy to share my EQAPO file for them. Over...
  5. Kadent

Parts-Express DA-Wave Speaker Review

Hey everyone, been a while since I've been online. What can I say...life's been busy. Anyways, I finally cracked down on measuring my DIY speakers, which I previously was not doing correctly, which explains the odd results. Anyways, due to a number of user and technical errors, I present the new...
  6. Kadent

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Very informative write up! Will definately get around to testing once I clean the garage out. Question: How do you get the overlay in REW to say Bass, mids, upper mids, ect? I've been trying to find the option in the settings.
  7. Kadent

Correctly measuring bookshelf speakers nearfield

Hello everyone Recently, I ventured down the rabbit whole of measuring stuff. Got a cheap measurement mic (which is really quite accurate) and some cables/adapters for use accordingly. My question is however, how to roughly measure speakers while bypassing the room variable. I used to measure...
  8. Kadent

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Been meaning to ask, on these units that have both SE and BAL out, how are each measured? Like for instance, is balanced output power measured only in one channel or combined? And same goes for SE, one channel or combined.
  9. Kadent

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Interesting. I still don't see the reason to spend double over the Asgard other then power. And if you need more then 5 watts, get the Magnius. Happy Asgard owner here :)
  10. Kadent

KEF LS50 Meta Spinorama and Measurements

@napilopez Many thanks for the detailed response. This is all new to me and seems very interesting. I can leave a link here to my speaker: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/parts-express-da-wave-speaker-review.20466/#post-676138 I have posts after it showing some...
  11. Kadent

My speaker appear to be flat from the manufacturer, but are they? I’m not sure. They definitely aren’t according to my measurements. What are quasi-anechoic measurements? I’m not familiar with them. Maybe something to do with an anechoic chamber?
  12. Kadent

I mean as in no peaks or dips anywhere, and also a very flat line.
  13. Kadent

Amplifier Recommendations to pair with KEF Q150

Buddy of mine has the Dayton APA150, it's quite solid for the price EDIT: I know yamaha has some new integrated amps. THey seem pretty solid Kaden
  14. Kadent

How do you guys get the measurements to look so perfect?
  15. Kadent

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

I know Focal also does opposing PR on their monitors as well. Maybe this particular woofer does not need 2 PR's so that will just be an extra waste of money. That's my guess. And in some cases 1 PR actually does better then 2, but it all depends
Top Bottom