Recent content by jxs226

1. J

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I snagged a new D50s from Amazon as it was offered with an 8% discount. The unit arrived today and works fine. The unit from Drop is going back and I have nothing but aggravation to show for the experience.
  2. J

Indeed, while I have a Prime membership I found the $185 deal on Drop too good to pass up. Despite multiple attempts to power the unit it has failed and was dead on arrival. Drop has been slow to respond and anything but generous in their handling of this issue. I will not buy from them again.
  3. J

No such cable was supplied. Instead, I connected the supplied USB-A to USB-B to the Topping and MacBook Pro. As well, I connected a 5V power supply from another device to the DC input on the Topping. In both cases the unit fails to power up.
  4. J

The unit continues to fail to power on and I have yet to receive a meaningful reply from Drop beyond the initial auto-reply. This is my first standalone DAC and it's been a deflating experience.
  5. J

Thank you, Timbo2. I guess I misunderstood Amir's original post? "For my testing, I just used the round 5 volt cable to USB that Topping provided. I simply plugged that into one of my USB 2.0 on my desktop workstation."
  6. J

I received a D50s via Drop last week and had a chance to use it for the first time yesterday, however, the unit failed to power up when connected either to my Macbook Pro via the supplied USB cable or to a 5V power supply. I promptly emailed Drop yesterday and still awaiting a response. Very...
Top Bottom