Recent content by JWAmerica

1. J

Children safety and tower speakers vs. speaker stands

Natural selection. You can train them to keep their hands off or you can not. r/K selection at work. My four wild animals have been trained to leave the speakers alone.
  2. J

PAC LC-1 Passive Volume Control Review

-0.8db at 20khz. Inconsequential.
  3. J

How did software development become so hard (Windows)???

It tickles me that Amir is basically PC clueless
  4. J

Federal Express Rant

Fedex is just low budget UPS. At least your UPS drivers have been with the company for years before they ever got in a truck. Fedex will send out new drivers with no experience.
  5. J

Hearing Aids at Concerts

This is the future of live audio. Get used to it.
  6. J

Decor Friendly Kali Speakers?

I hope not. They won't sound as good. Kali needs to build their own brand on performance, not aesthetics.
  7. J

LP vs DAC: Wife Can't Tell the Difference

Jazz? To quote the zoomers, "Oof".
  8. J

Yes. Vinyl is around 12-bit audio. Any digital source should be capable of 15 or 16-bit. I know that you know vinyl has difficulty with low frequencies in particular..
  9. J

It's like they don't have to pretend to be interested like men are required to.
  10. J

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

Will the IN-8 cut it at 4 meters for home theater use? I'd rather buy an Aiyima amp or two for LP-8s if the powered version is going to be a limited by its inbuilt amp.
  11. J

What do you think the frequency response was like at her out of room listening position?
  12. J

It just means your wife isn't a critical listener.
  13. J

Extreme Snake Oil

Gold contacts were described as having more low end lol.
  14. J

Extreme Snake Oil

Just today I read that rhodium contacts sound different than gold contacts. Presumably the wire is made of pure silver for some other sonic benefit.
  15. J

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Are they professionals or are they simply successful in the industry? Beats by Dre made a ton of money. Has Paul displayed professional competency or is he just making money? Idiots can make a lot of money too, especially if they're selling to other idiots. True believers who huff their own BS...
Top Bottom