Recent content by jumper981

1. J

Neumann KH150

Yes exactly what I thought, unfortunately have some SBIR in the lowest portion but I need to carefully check for their position. Did you solve them with AVAA, or you think that in my case I could just doing it with a better placement and EQ? Thanks
  2. J

Neumann KH150

Thanks! I’ll post here the REW file, unfortunately I’m not really super using REW. I actually intend to use the Neumann MA-1 correction, so yes. For sure I need to study better my room acoustics and correct some things, also with just REW for the moment. EDIT 50db step
  3. J

Neumann KH150

Much more than enough for me, i had to remove from the back -2 of bass and -2 of low mid (already in my measurements). I have never trigged the limiter and they go much more loud as i can physically support. Updated original post with my SUBJECTIVE observations.
  4. J

Neumann KH150

As promised, my measurements in room of my KH150: (Measured with bad Behringher BCM mic, i'll get new equipment soon) Obviously my room have some problems, was a quick and dirty measure and positioning. As soon as i get better equipment i'll update with better measurements and proper...
  5. J

8030C and KH120 - Subjective Listening Tests

I haven’t had the opportunity to produce/mix on them. I listened some of my mixed tracks on Spotify and some of my references for checking (tracks that I know really really good). Most of my choices were purely technical electronic music (like DnB, and mixed IDM genres) I also tried some of...
  6. J

I was always between 1.5m and 2m, as actually it’s my listening distance. Room was treated, monitors (150 and 120)were positioned on the horizontal plane like near the 310 in this order: KH150–>KH310–>KH120 From external to internal Under the desk there was a KH750 Sub, that I listened with...
  7. J

At the end, ordered a pair of KH150, if everything is good, they should arrive this week. As soon as they arrive, will post some measurements over there. EDIT: I listened the entire lineup of Neumann here at the distributor (so no measurements). I liked both the 150 and the 310; preferred the...
  8. J

Thanks. Yes for sure they are both really good speakers for their size. That’s why in the end listening test matters, what is good for me, it’s not necessarily good for others. I think that for sure there is someone over ASR that buy only checking measurements (maybe because test are...
  9. J

Thanks for your response, now I get it. I thought also that one thing to consider is that materials used like in the cone or tweeter change over time and that also depends on ambient temperatures sometimes. I mean, there are parameters that a “static” measure don’t consider. Just to tell one...
  10. J

I know that they are quite bizarre, that’s because I don’t have a really good english in the end, so I just try to stay as much as simple as I can while describing my simple impressions. I actually don’t know why I heard those differences, probably just “timbre” difference between those two. And...
  11. J

Forgot to answer about days: they have actually a room with only relatively small monitors and Genelec mains (in-wall,1237A?, don’t remember actually) They were all positioned there on all the 3 days, this room serve it’s purpose just for mixing.
  12. J

There were some trimmers on the monitor controller (that was active), matched quickly with spl on pink noise. EDIT: Monitor controller was Mackie big knob studio+.
  13. J

That’s why I wrote “subjective” review in the title actually, so I don’t get it why you keep commenting there. In either case it’s not meant to offend anyone. I just thought that maybe would help someone to listen them first instead of relaying only on measurements.
  14. J

Hi, yes listening distance was between 1m and 1.5m. Room size was quite small for a “studio” and have good treatment there. Yes was comparing on with a switch on a monitor controller.
Top Bottom