Recent content by jumbo

1. J

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Mine was the Stereo. As an aside, I am one of the "unfortunates" who paid for an Mdac 2 Dac from John Westlake 6 years ago. We are still waiting.....and waiting.......and waiting......
  2. J

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

My order #371 shipped last Wednesday or Thursday from Prague. It's been mentioned earlier I think that the units don't always ship corresponding to order numbers but I imagine you wont have to wait too much longer.
  3. J

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Fedex aircraft now showing, "operational delay " in Singapore. Not that I'm checking it's progress every hour......
  4. J

Mine, order #371 is due to be delivered on Monday. Silver with streaming option.
  5. J

Jitter with topping e30

If it's of any help I've just received an E30 that plays very nicely from my Samsung TV using it's SPDIF output.
  6. J

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Thanks very much for the update. I'm order #371 so a few more months I suspect.
  7. J

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

I have one of these. Would be interested in knowing, on the basis of Amir's testing whether it has any positive (or negative) effects and if I were in the US I'd happily provide mine up for evaluation. Anybody in the US got one ...... ?
  8. J

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

My order is (371) and I was told just over a week ago after making enquiries that mine was expected to ship in three weeks. Order was originally placed on the 13th of March.
  9. J

Order #371 delayed another 3 weeks after being told a month ago, 4 weeks till shipping. A bit frustrating.
  10. J

I'm order 371 and have just been informed that mine will ship in four weeks.
  11. J

My order is #371 so a few weeks to go I guess. I haven't reached out for a estimated date as I'm sure they are very busy...
  12. J

Gustard A18

Thanks for the reply sq and confirmation that the 9 year old Weiss can still hold it's own amongst all the newcomers. I had mine upgraded to add the USB input option but like you I still think Firewire sounds the best.
  13. J

Gustard A18

Yes the quote below sums up the Stereophile review of the day. "The Weiss DAC202 is the best-measuring D/A processor I have measured in my quarter-century career at Stereophile. It just doesn't get any better than this!—John Atkinson"...
  14. J

Gustard A18

Hi sq, how do you think it might compare to the Weiss dac202 ? You see I wonder how the technology and it's implementation may have improved over the years.
Top Bottom