Recent content by julian_hughes

1. J

Planar Magnetic open back headphones for Mixing/Mastering under 1000$

A different perspective, as an owner of Sennheiser HD6xx and HiFiMan HE4xx: the design of the headband is as crude as can be, and the way the headband is attached to the speaker units is also as crude as can be. The way the earpads are attached to is as crude as can be and good luck replacing...
  2. J

You're welcome. If you're itching to spend that money I have a paypal address you can send it to. Your mixes will sound even more awesome.
  3. J

If nobody has complained so far then stick with the HD650s.
  4. J

If your goal is accuracy for mixing/mastering then why narrow that field by specifying planar magnetics or a particular price range? Any headphone which is accurate will be suitable.
  5. J

Himalayan salt lamps as a HiFi tweak

I tried the scented candle. Once.
  6. J

If any of my brothers and sisters here at ASR cannot afford Himalayan Salt I can help. Simply send me $5 (USD, paypal please) and a desperate plea (in English please). I will show your missive to Guruji and when he responds I will pass on to you his comments. They are always Himalayan and...
  7. J

Thank you. Take your hat off fully. Sell it. Send me the remittance. Blessings will follow.
  8. J

Guruji is weeping. His tears are corrupting the deerskin with which he covers his cruelty-free kusha grass seat. Why? Not for himself, but because his sincere disciple (that would be me) remains without acknowledgement and tribute. In particular, financial tribute. Suffering souls! Open your...
  9. J

The problem with these Salt Lamps is that they have not been blessed by Guruji. Normal Salt lamps may have some small audible benefit, so long as the salt is genuine Himalayan Salt from the correct confluences of river. These would be not even necessarily be in the order of the confluences of...
  10. J

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

It clearly is ridiculous and irrational to expect or demand the same level of service for a $100 amp as for one selling at $8000. Why do people even introduce this kind of specious nonsense? If your $100 amp goes wrong you should get a refund or replacement. If your $8000 amp goes wrong you...
  11. J

In UK there is an official retailer, hifiheadphones.co.uk I'm not affiliated but I have bought a few things from them, some new and some ex demo or open box, and they are very reliable and easy to deal with. Their JDS Labs stuff is well priced and definitely cheaper than importing a single...
  12. J

As far as the original Atom amp goes, and the new one is powered on in exactly the same way, there is no pop on or off noise as the unit starts at minimum volume i.e. to switch it on you move the volume knob from zero. Obviously switching it off is the same but in reverse. Zero noise, even with...
  13. J

In the review and some of the comments it is noted that the aluminium* cover is perceived as an improvement over the original's plastic. I *like* the plastic! The more plastic or polycarbonate or whatever the better! I've had so many audio devices over the years that have been poorly...
  14. J

Me too. Purchased January 2020, used daily. Boring and reliable. Only excitement comes from the music it's fed!
  15. J

I own the original Atom amp. What I'd really like to know is if there is even the possibility of hearing a difference between the original Atom and this new Atom 2? Assuming I'm using Sennheiser HD6xx on high gain or Truthear Zero on low gain, seriously will I hear a difference between the...
Top Bottom