Recent content by Juicehifi

1. J

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

amirm, Would you interested in testing Audiolense? You could measure the usual DSP stuff which is always interesting. But you could take it further and measure how dsp in general influences other measures, such as amp distortion, speaker distortion etc. I did some simulations a few years...
  2. J

Coronavirus Is Indiscriminate

But treatment will be discriminating and even moreso if the need of intensive care exceeds the capacity.
  3. J

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Folks, this is pretty serious! Cancelled concerts will be forgotten soon. Today, in Norway, the government shut down all kindergartens, schools, higher education institutions, pubs, bars, restaurants unless they can guarantee 1 yard distance between each person, cinemas, concerts, sports events...
  4. J

Simple EQ/PEQ software for Desktop PC

Two that immediately comes to mind are JRiver (cheap) and EqualizerAPO (free).
  5. J

Amir, How about speaker driver tests?

Driver tests would be very valuable to basically anybody who are into DIY. And for me as well. Speaker drivers are far from perfect, Have you considered starting to measure speaker drivers? The late guru Siegfried Linkwitz did a few measurements that could serve as inspiration...
  6. J

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

I bought a pair of cheap JBL monitors, partly due to a test here. They are not as good as the test indicated, IMO. Cabinet & driver quality makes a huge difference that doesn't manifest clearly in the measurements. I forgot that in the process, but the first listening was a reminder. Having said...
  7. J

Comparing differences between different room correction software

The measureable advantages are unquestionable and well documented already, as well as some of the pitfalls .... but not everything needs to be judged scientifically. For the frequent users the benefits are a no-brainer. There are also people who prefer to do without it. Scientific confirmation...
  8. J

What are we listening to right now..

Angelina Jordan...
  9. J

Consequences of speaker EQing on amp power needed

Your second question is a more general one. The impedance peak is fairly easy for the amp, but the slopes on both sides are the more demanding ones. How much this matters depends on the amp. E.g. class D amps can handle reactive loads quite easily.
  10. J

Only the other frequencies played by the same driver.
  11. J

The music signal is complex, and the effect of EQ is spread out in time and blended with the music signal in a way that makes the impact less intuitive. And a lot of folks give an intuitive answer to these questions. I ran some simulations a few years ago, with fullrange FIR filter that cut all...
  12. J

Kernel Streaming, ASIO, WASAPI... and music players (Foobar, JRiver...)

Thank you, Ed. Time for me to have another look at pa / wasapi
  13. J

I don't think that will work, ed, because two streams will be sharing the same device. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that.
  14. J

Is that you Eugene? I have absolutely no problem with vac, only with pa/wasapi.
Top Bottom