Recent content by jtongret

1. J

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

In my opinion the most significant advantage for the A8 over the A6 for your case would likely be the preamp having 10 volt output for a lower noise level and the dsp software. If you plan to fix some existing problems in your room with the dsp, then this would probably be the most audible...
  2. J

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Likewise. I don't often participate in the conversation on forums and this is at least a small reason why. People often declaring their inability to understand why others may have differing wants, needs and opinions than their own, while also not having any interest in trying to understand...
  3. J

Importance of having a remote or app with subwoofer?

Unfortunately, this is all individual preference and only you can decide how important it is to you. Are you someone who makes frequent adjustments to your subwoofer based on the content, or are you a set it and forget it listener? Does your system have a preamp or processor that has any sort of...
  4. J

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I agree with you. A lot of people seem to view wide dispersion as being "better" than a tighter controlled dispersion. In my opinion which one will suit you best will vary from person to person and room to room. I also agree with you about the looks of the ls60. It's not to my personal taste...
  5. J

Speaker recommendation in view of brand's cost cutting

I can tell from your post that you've been watching Danny Richie on YT, lol! That's fine, but understand that will only lead you to purchase one of his gr research speakers, or a different brand that'll require you to buy one his crossover upgrade kits. He's not really guiding anyone to good...
  6. J

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

I wou love to see the internals to find out if they've cleaned up their workmanship since the earlier models. I wouldn't mind reading your personal thoughts on the performance as well.
  7. J

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

I rarely post here, but I appreciate the $h!t out of the vast amount of data and constructive comments provided by Amir & the active community members here. I'm a long time 2 channel guy who's recently become interested in switching to a HT/surround system in my living room. But, I keep seeing...
  8. J

Planned AV System Build. How does it look? Any Issues?

Thank you for the response, it's appreciated! I've never been an active commentator in any of the forums I frequent, but I've come to appreciate the knowledge and critical thinking shown by so many members here. I read threads here almost daily and have learned a lot in the last couple of years...
  9. J

Planned AV System Build. How does it look? Any Issues?

OK, so as the title states I need you fine folks to take a look over my planned AV system build. I've been down the audio-nut rabbit hole for some time now but only in 2 channel stereo with subs, never multi-channel surround sound. However, I recently became interested in starting to assemble a...
Top Bottom