Recent content by jtatknox

1. J

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Sub experts: which of these subs would be most useful for active room treatment based on the measured parameters?
  2. J

Comparison of Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) and Dirac ART for all known AVRs/Processors

It just seems like you are putting in a lot of effort responding to someone that you are so dismissive of. I will chalk it up to bewilderment.
  3. J

Comparison of Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC) and Dirac ART for all known AVRs/Processors

I thought that you weren't going to go over the post.
  4. J

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Point of clarification: are you saying that first sub gets LFE only and subs 2-4 get LFE + support signals? Or do subs 2-4 only play support signals? Would this even be a problem unless you were dependent on multiple subs for loudness?
  5. J

I'm thinking maybe 4 L12. It will be really interesting to see how people experiment with these.
  6. J

So does it make sense to have 1 heavy duty sub that can play loud with minimal compression and several smaller subs that can play deep but not as loud running support duty only? I understand that this would normally be most important in the case of the LFE channel.
  7. J

I thought you were out.
  8. J

I think that I've asked this before, but as an exercise I wonder what people think would be the characteristics of an ideal support speaker. Rythmik FM8 looks good because it can play clean at higher frequencies and also dig deep. 4 x L12 would be more affordable. If you were tasked with...
  9. J

A simplistic explanation for the audibility question is that 1) you won't hear the support signals if they are calibrated because they are creating destructive interference (both main and support signals are attenuated) and 2) attenuating room modes focuses on the problematic aggregation of...
  10. J

One reason might be because ART produces anti-signal that you might be able to hear under certain circumstances. Another reason might be that because all-pass filters are used, you might be able to localize certain speakers near 150 Hz. Another reason might be that anti-signal might be more...
  11. J

Thanks, I think this is a useful document that I have seen before. I am just wondering what the recommended configurations might be to get the most out of ART specifically. I'm thinking that the approach to speaker placement and performance might be slightly different than when considering just...
  12. J

I have a 2.1 system with mains that go to 60 Hz or so. Hypothetically, how would you build out the system from here to 2.4 for 2 channel audio with Dirac ART in mind? I'm thinking a lot about adding 2x Rythmik FM8 since they go 18 Hz to 250 Hz. Where would you place them relative to the mains?
  13. J

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 Review (Speaker)

It's a shame that the 4.1 is only speaker from this series that I can find spinorama data on and it's not representative of the rest of the series.
Top Bottom