Recent content by jSchultz

1. J

Added a Genelec 7040A sub to my 8030C monitors

Good results! I had a null solved by adding the 7040A as well - im very happy with it.
  2. J

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

The room is fairly small - only 10 feet wide with the ceiling sloping up to 7.5 feet at a 53 degree angle, starting at 4 feet from the floor. The length is super long - 30 feet. Yes - this is with switching the phase of the sub. No need to try using the desktop control as the DSP flattened it...
  3. J

Looking good. Yeah, that resonance is there for me too, and it likely results from the desk. Attenuating that part of the range with an EQ makes them sound way better for sure.
  4. J

For $1500, buy 2 Genelec 8030C's, or 2 Genelec 8010A's + subwoofer?

I tend not to drive them past 80db when mixing or producing music, so I do not know that I could describe them as SPL weak. If high SPL and bass extension are your priorities with this setup, I'd look elsewhere - that was never the intended use case or scope for these. For near field work in...
  5. J

For $1500, buy 2 Genelec 8030C's, or 2 Genelec 8010A's + subwoofer?

I have the 8010A/7040A combo, but I'm also producing/mixing music in a very small room. I assume I am the target/intended customer for this setup; not someone who would buy these for home theater. https://www.genelec.com/home-studio-songwriting/8010-7040-stereo-system...
  6. J

Thanks for the suggestion. I re-ran REW with the sub up against the front wall, and I didn't get much change. REW images attached. Not sure if this is something I can solve or not.
  7. J

What are your room dimensions like? I have the 7040 set up at the moment as instructed in the Genelec manual (24 inches off of front wall) and I have it off center to my left a little bit. Attached my room response with the set up too. No matter what monitors I've used, I've always gotten that...
  8. J

My attic space is 10 feet wide with a 7.5 ft tall ceiling - thats why I chose this combo, for sure. But because it's a tiny space, I'm fighting room modes that are something fierce, even with a lot of acoustic treatment. REW/Sonarworks show that the sub gets me down to 29 hz before it...
  9. J

7040A subwoofer came in today. Haven't re-ran Sonarworks yet, but with current profile and sub added, it functions as a nice addition to the 8010A monitors. Everything seems very well balanced.
  10. J

Nice. My 7040a gets here tomorrow and now I’m excited to set it up with the 8010s. Glad to hear everything integrates so well.
  11. J

Just picked up a pair of these used for $500 USD and am putting them through the paces now. I'm using in a treated attic space that is still not without its problems (low ceilings, not very wide) so Sonarworks had some work to do. Once calibrated, they seem to perform pretty well at SPL of...
  12. J

Adam S2V Studio Monitor Review

Just how much of an upgrade are these from the mid-range A7X? That's what I've got right now and am skittish on dropping cash on a speaker I can't just walk in and listen to.
Top Bottom