Recent content by jruser

1. J

Embracing Simplicity in Audio: Anyone Else Skipping Room Correction, Measurement Microphones, and the Like?

I skip EQ these days. Bit-perfect signal to the DAC to preamp to amp. My main 2 speakers are flat enough in the room down to 30hz or so. Send a summed mono feed to a subwoofer with its crossover set at 30hz. The in-room response of my surround speakers is really bad but the center is ok. There...
  2. J

SMSL PL200 (CD Player)

Anybody know which XMOS chip this uses? XU216?
  3. J

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Does this have any DPLL settings? Any issues with optical signal dropouts?
  4. J

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

What DACs have enough voltage (9.8V) to drive AHB2 to full power at low gain? Are we only talking about the RME and Benchmark models?
  5. J

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Can you test the range on the remote for us?
  6. J

So, if you use the Ext90 with this, do the extra inputs also have the higher impedance? Or does the Ext90 have its own impedance?
  7. J

Can you test the range on the remote for us? That was an issue with some past Topping products.
  8. J

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

If the LA90D can actually hit 220W at 8-ohm bridges, I’ll order several of them. Amir only measured 95W for that test on the LA90 though, so I’m still skeptical.
  9. J

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

40gbps can pass 4k120 10-bit. 48 can pass 4k120 12-bit or 4k144 10-bit. Mostly not an issue with TVs available right now.
  10. J

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Someone at AVS tested the AVM90 with a recent RTX card and the AVM90 could only do 40gbps
  11. J

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

Buckeye, why do you not offer purifi amps with higher channel counts? Is this a technical reason?
  12. J

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

Do you use the remote with it? Still trying to find out the distance the remote works at.
  13. J

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

A couple questions: 1. Does the remote have good range? Would it work 10ft away, across a bedroom? 2. Do the two inputs remember their volume separately?
  14. J

What are the reasons to choose Class A/AB/H over D in this day and age?

Has anyone put a higher end class-D amp on an oscilloscope and looked at the sine wave? The last I had seen, class-D always had the carrier frequency visible in the sine wave, but I haven't seen this done on any of the higher end models of the last few years.
Top Bottom