Recent content by JRM_PT

1. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks for the info. I thought that April was to soon to Topping manage to have all sorted, but I was wrong.
  2. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Mine is 2004, as so I didn't have to install the newer firmware. But probably still has the polarity issue on the coax and optical inputs. But I can live with that. Not understanding why the coax stops working after a few seconds is what really troubles me.
  3. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

No, PiCorePlayer. But the only problem is with the coax connection
  4. J

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

Material Skin: Running (a tad slower to load than the Squeezer app) SSH connection: perfect on my mobile Missing: the setup of the USB HDD Driving me nuts: make the oled to work properly.
  5. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

I've tested today with the RPi 4 and USB works fine too. I haven't finished the RPi 4 install but it played the radio ok. The strange behaviour of the coax input is still a mistery to me.
  6. J

Good news. Configuration has progressed well. I've also installed Squeezer 2.1.0 and was able to establish connection between my Nokia 7.1 and the Pi4. Tomorrow I'll setup the USB HDD. Than I'll have to make the small oled display to work and to check SSH connection. Oh! and check that Material...
  7. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Well, I've reeived the E30 and already tried it. The manual isn't supberb so I have some doubts. First one is how can we change the sample rate? I'm still finishing the Raspberry Pi4 with PiCorePlayer install, so still haven't tested with USB. PS4 is connected by Toslink and sounds good. TV is...
  8. J

You're right about the sign up, it's necessary.
  9. J

Thank YOU ALL! I'm connected to the Pi!
  10. J

So, I got the RPi4 booting with PiCorePlayer but I need a keyboard to further set it up properly, namely using the HDD, wi-fi and to fully configure it as a player. Also got the Topping E30 and I'll be receiving the last cable during this week. Also have to pick one app to run it from my...
  11. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Just bumped into this thread today... At the office and outdoors I use the Apple wired Earpods that came with the company's iPhone 6S. At home I use my old friends Sony MDR-V3, from the early 1990's. Holding very strong with some interesting specs: Type: Closed, supra-aural Driver: 30mm dynamic...
  12. J

Rune is, by now, out of question because it doesn't run on a RPi4
  13. J

At another forum, someone gave me this list of OS to try: Moode Volumio Archphile CollybiaOS PiCorePlayer/LMS Gentooplayer Rune I might test them all
  14. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Shenzhen Audio confirmed by message through Amazon that they ship from China. In those cases and any duty would be the buyers responsibility so I've ordered from Audiophonics. The extra cost was just the shipping cost from Bordeaux to Lisbon, and I've bought some additional stuff: a small oled...
  15. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Mee too. 15 to 25 days. The Raspberry Pi will arrive in 10 to 20 days (because of other stuff, namely a new extension lead to acomodate the new equipments and to refurbish all the Audio and Video equipments connections). Looooong wait:eek:
Top Bottom