Recent content by Jrizk13

1. J

Audiomirror Tubadour III SE thoughts

So no tubes. What about ladder resistor DACs? I heard they used to be popular and making a comeback?
  2. J

Thank you I will try another DAC without tubes to see what I'm missing! Also does addin EQ to a system deteriorate any of the music quality?
  3. J

Thank you for the link. I will read that tutorial and see if I can implement it in my system. I appreciate the feedback. Kind Regards, Joe
  4. J

So tubes are a no no? I was told they add a holographic sound but if that's not correct, I am willing to go try to learn. Maybe it was a waste, isn't that what this community is for, to learn.
  5. J

How come some Sabre and AKM DACs would hurt my ears, but the same chip would not in another DAC?
  6. J

I agree with you that speakers are most important. I don't think my wife will let me buy any other speakers. I've only seen a couple speaker reviews on here. When you say sound EQ, what do you mean? Like audessey and anthem arc? Or like sound treatments around the rooms? How would I add...
  7. J

You are probably right. Maybe I should have tried a couple more affordable DACs. Are there any other DACs that are not Sabre or AKM that you recommend? I'm always willing to learn and try Kind Regards, Joe
  8. J

Good Morning Gentlemen, I am a novice to the audio world and I wanted to share my experience with a really interesting piece of kit. Full disclosure, I am a cheap ass want the absolute most for my money. I have experience with Ess sabre and AKM chips and, while they sound great, I am...
  9. J

Can someone give me advice? I can't figure it out.

My USB cable was only 3 feet long. I tried a 6 foot and 1.5 foot and still clicking. I suspect some type of miscommunication or clocking issue between pcs and the USB input of this DAC. It sounds divine now. Thank God
  10. J

Good evening Gentlemen, I received another DAC from the manufacturer and that one also had the clicking through USB. I purchased a $50 converter on Amazon that takes usb to I2S and now THE CLICKING IS GONE!! I2S has solved my dilemma and pretty cheap as well. I don't know what the USB...
  11. J

I have a 3 foot USB. I have tried multiple from 3-6 feet. Still clicks. DAC direct to parasound gives clicks but the soundstage is bigger (yes!). I have lowered the volume on the software and still click. I will try to find a wasapi audio driver. Any recommendations? Kind Regards Joe
  12. J

Thank you gentlemen. I will keep you updated on what happens. Your advice is appreciated. Kind Regards, Joe
  13. J

I have listened to the files over HDMI into my anthem receiver. Clean, pure sound. No clicks or glitches apparent. Great observation.
  14. J

I have no other DAC available. The DAC guy said he was going to send me another and if it still clicks, he will refund me.
  15. J

I didn't know LPs made that sound. That would drive me crazy.
Top Bottom