Recent content by JPsDeskSet

1. J

Using Sony STR-AN1000 for video upscaling?

Hi all, I am considering buying a TCL tv for the first time ever. I am a long time Samsung and Sony panel buyer, and trust Sony to handle video processing better than most others. However with tight budget, I need to find some alternatives. I am looking at the TCL mini-LED options...
  2. J

IEM's for Playstation Portal - Chu II vs. Truthear Zero Dual Blue

Thank you all for the insight. Sounds like I got lucky with the Chu II for matching IEM's that are easy to drive. Didn't think about that hurdle. Tweaked some settings on my PS5 and Portal and the digital soundstage has improved for location tracking. Cheers all!!!
  3. J

IEM's for Playstation Portal - Chu II vs. Truthear Zero Dual Blue

Hi all! I am trying to get the most out of my Playstation Portal to do some couch gaming while my TV is occupied with other content. I am needing something small and secure to the ear, so my gaming headsets aren't cutting it. I am looking to budget IEMs. I just returned a pair of Moondrop...
  4. J

Vintage Power from newer amp?

Ok, think I am getting somewhere with this... On the Marantz @ +8 (max bass) and +4 through +8 (treble), it doesn't come anywhere close to the pioneer. Best I can describe the difference is like going from tiny satellite speakers to a decent bookshelfs... or the jump from bookshelfs to towers...
  5. J

Vintage Power from newer amp?

Hi all, I am struggle to understand what I am missing and hoping for some education. I have an old pioneer, sx780. Sound profile aside (warm, cool, ect.) there is more punch compared to anything else I have paired my speakers with. At similar volumes the cones "move" more on the pioneer...
  6. J

Digital Output to powered Subwoofer?

Thanks @Killingbeans . Do you think it would be fair to assume that a DAC used solely to feed the sub doesn't need much nuance? I assume to just pull sub level detail, I won't get much reward buying a $100+ DAC, and a cheapy should do just fine...
  7. J

Digital Output to powered Subwoofer?

Hi all, I have a Frankenstein system I am trying to play well with each other. I am trying to get a powered sub to connect to a Sonos Port. This port is already feeding two seperate amplifiers using RCA y-connectors. The goal is to have the sub work with either or both amplifiers. One...
  8. J

Vintage amp to sub rca??? No Speaker/Line input option

Hi All, I am looking to add a small sub to my Pioneer SX780. Challenge is my favorite little sub, the Mirage mm6 only has RCA inputs, no speaker/line inputs. Trying to figure out the most economical way to integrate my sub into the equation. I hear tape out isn't a great idea as the level...
  9. J

Micca RB42 Challenges, think I need Amp recommendations

Final update. I returned the RB42's. Considering how many people like them, I am convinced I got a bad pair. The peaking/sibilance was just too much, even at lower volumes, near field, foam isolation pads, angled up from the desk towards me. I ran them on everything from Aiyima, Loxjie, and...
  10. J

So much help, so quickly! Thank you all. @Curvature - I was narrowing down to the audio engine A2s vs trying to build something with RB42s. Wanted to try the RB42s to have the potential of mixing, growing swamping down the road. I honestly forgot that the A2s were a decent contender. If I...
  11. J

Hi All! First post. I am trying to get the best out of a set of Micca RB42's I have on my desk. They are exactly the right fit for the limited space I have. I have been dealing with using a simple portable BT speaker for my work desk for a while and decided it was time to finally invest in...
Top Bottom