Recent content by joshz

1. J

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

has anyone tried if that actually works with the usb port?
  2. J

Got my SHD yesterday, Tidal Connect works most of the time but it‘s mostly the same with BluOS. Via Volumio it even plays DSD although VERY buggy. Can anyone confirm this is native (within the 96khz limitation of the dsp)?
  3. J

Well that is why I am not sure yet. I have to look into it if there are improvements to be had with a more expensive digital source. One functionality it should have is streaming from my nas.
  4. J

That's very helpful, thanks. I will have my SHD by the end of the week and will test its streaming performance. I was thinking about getting an external streamer, ifi Zen Stream and Bluesound Node 2i via coaxial or toslink (because i already have one) are on the list.
  5. J

I have to admit it was kind of a stupid question, I was just confused about the fact that Volumio lists Tidal Connect as a Premium feature. Thanks to all for contributing :)
  6. J

Thinking about getring an shd. Does it support tidal connect? With or without volumio?
  7. J

alright I see, thanks for the response!
  8. J

Well I found that piece of information as well but on the picture of the review the port is also white.
  9. J

is there any way to tell between the old and the revised version?
  10. J

Best way to integrate Dirac without compromises?

I‘m just referring to the measurements in the review. If you have a top dac and amp this will just be a „weak link“ i think
  11. J

I would pass on MQA but paying for another subscription to use my other subscription.. that‘s a no.. looks like the M33 is the only do-it-all device
  12. J

Ok wow i just saw that Volumio requires a Premium Subscription to use Tidal Connect -.-
  13. J

Yeah i know that MQA isn‘t the real deal, real shame Tidal doesn‘t support uncompressed HiRes. Well in that case i would just go for the SHD and an amp i guess
  14. J

Thanks for all the input! But if I would go: Streamer with MQA decoder -> DSP with Dirac -> Amp it should work right? Question only is what device to use as a DSP, since the DDRC24/HD 2x4 has its flaws. I could use the SHD as a „Dirac only“ over analog in
  15. J

i have tidal open on my Macbook and phone right now, the mac does not show up as a tidal connect device, only airplay..
Top Bottom