Recent content by jonljacobi

1. J

Universal Audio Volt USB Audio Interfaces

Note that they didn't leave the interface in my hands so I can't fire it up to answer questions.
  2. J

I did finally review the studio kit if you're interested. A bit more detail, but I don't do the hard measurements you get in this forum. Purely subjective results. https://www.macworld.com/article/553349/universal-audio-volt-276-studio-pack-review.html
  3. J

New interface: ID14MKII / SSL2+ / MOTU M4

I have no doubt that you'd be happy with any of them.
  4. J

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Sounds like you got a lemon. I’ve heard nothing but good things.
  5. J

Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Review (Audio Interface)

The Twin X Quad is indeed a fine interface. It all depends on your need. If two inputs is fine, it's great, but I augment it with a Clarett 4Pre for straight line input as it has far more. I use the Twin X for vocals and acoustic guitar and it's absolutely fantastic if you want to print to...
  6. J

Note that Mac users don't need to sign up for anything.
  7. J

Yes, the entire software bundle, including the ASIO driver requires signing up and in a few cases, installing " Web installers". A couple require iLok. But that's kind of the norm these days. I avoid it like the plague when I can. In this case, I was being paid to. I haven't tried the...
  8. J

I finally received this. The 276 Studio pack. The headphones are forgettable, but the mic is actually pretty decent though a tad lacking in top end compared to my Rode NT1-A. The Volt 276 is a very nice sounding interface, although as I've stated, I have a difficult time telling the difference...
  9. J

BTW. Specs. https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409522227092-Volt-Specifications
  10. J

I should have mine Monday, but it seems pretty decent overall with no major weaknesses. It's obviously aimed at a particular market and it's not one that obsesses over specs much. I'm anxiously awaiting JK's 76 review. The preamp emulation seems pretty spot on, so hopefully the compressor will...
  11. J

Not to answer for Dave, but tastes vary. I quite like the look and I understand it as UA has an "analog-vibe, print to tape" type philosophy. It shows up in everything they do. And as far as tweaking, I was an assistant for some very good engineers back in the day (80's) and I can tell you one...
  12. J

We'll see RSN. (Real Soon Now). The YouTube videos I've seen are pretty neutral and non-committal. More like previews really. I kind of wonder if they were dealing with beta hardware/firmware etc. or under some sort of review rules. I do like the concept of just providing the two FX most users...
  13. J

All good points, and what I've heard over YouTube sounds good (all but the very worst do), but this is a forum pretty much obsessed with numbers so you will hear about it. ;-) The 276 (kit) will be sitting right next to an Apollo X and Clarett 4Pre when I review it for Macworld. I'll be going...
  14. J

I'm supposed to get one this week. I'll open it up. But fair warning, I can barely tell the difference between any decent modern interface. Okay, replace barely with rarely. I will say that the Apollo Twin X sounds as good as my Clarett 4Pre, and I would expect any recent design from any vendor...
Top Bottom