Recent content by Jojo

1. Jojo

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

Kenwood KA-660. 0.006% thd / 107db SNR 60 watts/ 8Ω As far as i understand, it is pretty similar to the "basic" series amplifier wich was presented here (M1-M2-M1A-M2A). You got a tone control bass/treble plus one control related to sub bass. For the story, it was a gift for my father wich had...
  2. Jojo

Topping RD3 TP Balanced DAC Review

From wich place did you bought it please ? I don't see any seller in EU ; only Aliexpress Topping official account.
  3. Jojo

Tube-03

I gave a test on this thing. There is a big thread on this subject --> "fx audio 6j1" on audiokarma where you can learn a lot (idk if i have the right to put a link or name of another site so tell me if that's a problem and i remove it). I don't remember correctly everything but there is a phase...
  4. Jojo

Luxman L-85v Integrated Amplifier

Idk if it can help, but i have the l-81, i think it's the same light bulb. It was not working until i "cleaned" the components inside of the amp. It's working again since this day. So i guess dust was the problem in some way.
  5. Jojo

Gaia Isolation anything in this?

Some data and thougts from "Joseph Crowes" on those feet : https://josephcrowe.com/blogs/news/iso-acoustics-gaia-iii-isolation-feet-review
  6. Jojo

75 years of JBL: 75 years of Loud + Clear!

I got a pair of ti-200 i need to refoam that a friend gave to me. Seems like they are the less expensive model in the ti series since they're small. But i don't find much informations on the internet. Anyone has heard them ?
  7. Jojo

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

I bought a M1a 80€ in EU, same series but less output power ("only" 110w - 8ohms) than M2 serie ; i was not prepared for this clean power ! At first i had no intention to keep it for my personnal system but then i was shocked by the purity of the sound of this amplifier. The bass response is...
  8. Jojo

It does not rassure me to know that... Yes if it don't take too much time to you, some alternatives names are always good to take. Thanks. ( i hope it's not disrepectful to post my questions on this thread ; i could start a new one but they seems like "brothers amps" and pretty rare so i finally...
  9. Jojo

I've seen some NEC OPT's in l-80 or l-80v on the internet. As far as i undestand (or missunderstand), the important thing is to keep electrical propertys of the NOS one, right ? So i don't know if the EGC280 is a good replacement and i'm not sure about what was the reference one on l-81... Same...
  10. Jojo

I just add some pics (sorry for double post) - I was speaking about transistors, one channel is sylvania EGC 2**. Is this original too ? And again, i'm so glad i found ASR. What a forum o_O :D
  11. Jojo

@restorer-john Hello, thank you for you response ! I will try to be understable in english... "It actually looks pretty much original, right down to the 45 year old dust, the odd spilled drink etc." Good to know i guess. The spilled drink thing does not seems to be a problem since the amp is...
  12. Jojo

I had nice time reading you gentlemen. I have a luxman l-81 i cleaned up without touching anything electrically, that might had been touch by the ancient owner (i can see the power transistors were changed on one channel plus somes diodes that does not seems to be original. It works well on...
  13. Jojo

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

Very interesting, thank you. I think i will try this test again with another configuration (amp-speakers), or may be on some studio monitors) to see if i can hear (or imagine :facepalm:) differences that i didn't heard on a really low budget 2.1 system (the one i did at 10%) :)
  14. Jojo

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

Hello. I did the test, Very difficult ![ 0.0667 11 5 ] I do hear a very little difference in how the kick of the drum is rendered, one seems to me more "full" spectrum. But i think it's my mind. Sorry for my english. However here's my result ...
Top Bottom