Recent content by Johnny Vinyl

1. Johnny Vinyl

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I voted "YES, but...". The only reason I did so is because I have yet to find a cartridge (within my means) that I'm 100% happy with. Perhaps I'll never find one.
  2. Johnny Vinyl

What are we listening to right now..

And it's not like their catalogue is weak. They produced 8 albums between 1981 and 1989 (I have 7 of them), which produced 8 Top 10 singles in the UK.
  3. Johnny Vinyl

In the uk we don't have debates like this

More importantly, in Canada we didn't have candidates like this. Phew!
  4. Johnny Vinyl

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Meh! It's nice enough, but not my cup of tea.
  5. Johnny Vinyl

The kit we bought, our current setups

Thanks Sal! - I've been an Oracle fan for decades after first hearing my buddy's Delphi II, Meitner(Musealex?), Vandersteen setup.
  6. Johnny Vinyl

I do as well Bob! Not a fan of electronica to begin with anyway.
  7. Johnny Vinyl

RMAF: Moon Audio and B&W Speakers

Must have been the recordings...maybe the cables?
  8. Johnny Vinyl

Love Ray LaMontagne. I have the albums "Gossip in the Grain" and "God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise".
  9. Johnny Vinyl

The kit we bought, our current setups

I may as well jump in and let you know what my current setup consists of. I'm currently in an insulated (plastic covered fibreglass) unfinished basement. I sectioned off an area measuring approximately 16.5 x 11.5 ft. My audio rack is placed roughly 1 ft from the back wall, which I need for...
  10. Johnny Vinyl

Vinyl down . . . Streaming up

For every article like this that comes out there is an opposing one. These opinion pieces (ok, perhaps some factual data is included) are just that, and they're a dime a dozen.
  11. Johnny Vinyl

What are we listening to right now..

Correct. No BD for the Gdansk concert, but I have the DVD.
  12. Johnny Vinyl

I was gonna post that one originally......and I should have. Glad you like them. :)
  13. Johnny Vinyl

Introductions anyone?

Hi Frank! Always good to hear from you. :)
  14. Johnny Vinyl

Half Moon Run Not quite new as they started in 2010, but I've been most impressed since I first learned about them 2 years ago. If you like percussion, these guys will surely appeal to you. They've released 2 albums, which I bought, and I hope to catch them on tour as they do so extensively...
  15. Johnny Vinyl

Live Albums

Ron - You made a post in this thread about your fave MTV Unplugged album and attached a pic.....but the pic is gone. Which album were you referring to?
Top Bottom