Recent content by JohnM-73

1. JohnM-73

DIY Purifi Amp builds

P.S. Have fitted an 8A slow blow fuse in the panel mount holder (this is for 240V mains supply). I assume fitting a 10A in the mains plug would be appropriate?
  2. JohnM-73

DIY Purifi Amp builds

That’s fab, thank you very much. Interconnects done and working fine (swine of a soldering job though, very fiddly!).
  3. JohnM-73

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I'm about to go ahead and cut off one end of a pair of balanced Canare 'StarQuad' XLR cables, as a member here who I'm selling my Purifi amplifier to wishes to use a single ended pre into the Eval1. So I'm converting the cable to have a phono plug at one end. Just wanted to triple check the...
  4. JohnM-73

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

And it still says, “Our current lead time is 6-8 weeks” on their website. Very misleading to a new customer potentially unaware of the real time scales...
  5. JohnM-73

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Good to know, and thank you for responding :)
  6. JohnM-73

Cheers for the link, but trying to avoid extra boxes.
  7. JohnM-73

Very tempted to order one of these as a secondary Dac, but a little concerned about the fact audio gear ordered from China to the UK is often specced at 230V. The voltage around here at least (Hampshire, UK) is often around 247V, and I’m concerned about whether this high a voltage might be...
  8. JohnM-73

Purifi ‘EIGENTAKT’ amplifier for sale (Ghent chassis) ** UK ONLY **

It's back up for sale. Had a momentary doubt about it, but frankly I need the money. So it's available if you're still interested @ £920.
  9. JohnM-73

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

I think at this point they really need to be more transparent about the realty of their delivery schedules, on their website. It still says 6-8 weeks there, which from all the feedback here seems misleading. Ultimately it doesn't matter how well performing their DAC is or the value for money...
  10. JohnM-73

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Cool, sounds like it's on the bottom then. Was curious about the UK regs. for fuses though. I thought they had to be externally accessible for changing. I've got Topping and Denafrips on my 'maybe I'll try one' list and it'd be good to know they've passed the relevant tests for the UK.
  11. JohnM-73

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I presume the Topping is fused internally, and do units sold within the UK have CE testing/markings? http://www.cemarkingassociation.co.uk/electrical-equipment/
Top Bottom