Recent content by johan

1. J

Preamp quandary for 2.1 or 2.2 stereo

Hi the specs are the same as for our Boss(version 1.2)
  2. J

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Hello Please use the RPI connector on the side of the alu case . I am checking for earthing of acrylic case
  3. J

Allo Boss2 DAC No Native DSD Play Back

Hello Arun RPI i2s bus is not supporting DSD only DOP. Also the speed of the bus is 192Khz hence you can only play DOP 64
  4. J

I am not aware of any WIFI 6 compatible dongles . For ROON and Quobuz you can use DietPi in addition to RopieeXL
  5. J

Boss2 has drivers in Rasbian
  6. J

JL ELectronics Sylph-D200 Amplifier Module Review

Nothing can increase SNR , you can only decrease by more...or less :-)
  7. J

Abdo123 , You are mistaken to believe that low gain on amp can increase SNR of input signal. In a perfect world 14 db or 27 db of gain will give you same result. Equal SNR to input signal .Thats the best you can hope , equal to input. Gain means that both signal and noise will be amplified...
  8. J

Lower gain (or any gain ) cannot increase original SNR. The advantage of lower gain is that your best SNR is at full signal (4Vrms from DAC) and you get around 40W of power in speakers (most listening session ) At 27db gain/40W( speaker) your DAC will (need) output less signal (not full...
  9. J

Higer gain will always add extra noise/distortion on top of original signal .
  10. J

Thats possible...but its not evidence amp needs 150W In a proper designed amp , low gain vs hi gain , low gain wins in SNR In the end , I think that you need multiple gains...and yes low gain is important to have.
  11. J

A low gain will give you best SNR at precisely those listening levels...
  12. J

Hypex design is for everyone and every flavor . Beyond getting a higher spot (I do understand this argument) I think there is a real need for lower gains . Who listens at 200W in a normal home ? Most listening sessions are around 20-50W .
  13. J

abdo123 , it all depends on what you are designing for. Yes for companies like Hypex and such it makes sense to have higher gains . If , however , we design an amp for good sound , 10db of gain is more than enough to listen (xlr input) rather loud in almost any room .
  14. J

with 19db of gain you will reach 100W into 4R (2 vrms) . With 4Vrms you can reach 400W in 4R and 200W in 8R (same 19db). I think that 27-29db of gain are not necessary .
  15. J

I think rating system is correct . THD+N at 200W (or max power) is meaningless . THD at 5W is visible ( while at 1W its all N) Music is less power hungry (5 to 8 times reduction ) compared with rigorous AP testing .
Top Bottom