Recent content by joebloggs335

1. J

Using miniDSP 2 x 4 HD's usb port as output.

Thanks so much! I’ll give it a spin and update soon :)
  2. J

Using miniDSP 2 x 4 HD's usb port as output.

Very interesting. For me, USB output disappeared after Dirac upgrade. Could you please post a screenshot so I can confirm I’m not missing something obvious? Thanks in advance.
  3. J

LS50 Reset

Before I changed my listening room speakers to B&W 803 towers, I ran the LS50 plus dual SVS SB1000 subs config with a MiniDSP 2x4HD (plus Dirac) with the subs crossed over pretty high (160Hz, 48dB/octave slope). The KEFs sat on the subs with IsoAcoustic stands for isolation. I completely agree...
  4. J

Subwoofer Correction via MiniDSP DDRC24 DIRAC

There are two input channels and four output channels. You could use these 4 outputs for two mains and two subs (as mentioned above), or as another example use LF and HF to biamp your speakers with digital crossovers. To your point, yes, you could also simply ignore two of the output channels...
  5. J

A typical use with subs is 2.2 stereo ie high pass to left and right channel main speakers and low pass to left and right channel subs. That said, routing from input to output is full mesh, ie you can send any of the input channels to any subset of the output channels. While I have not used...
  6. J

Complete Newbie to miniDSP - Basics help needed

True. For instant gratification, I believe NAD has some Dirac offerings in the market already, although I don’t really have an informed opinion to offer up on them.
  7. J

For home theater, I’d recommend you research AVRs with Dirac (or your favorite DRC solution of choice) built in. Both Onkyo and Pioneer recently launched receivers in the (sub) $1000 price range with multi-channel Dirac support built in. This would give you a simple integrated solution with no...
  8. J

1. Depends on what you are trying to do. That seems like the low frequency portion of the Dirac ‘house’ curve, which has a slightly boosted bass response 2. Dirac is enabled when the button shows in pink 3. What are your low pass and high pass crossover slopes? This would help make a meaningful...
  9. J

Having owned the MiniDSP 2x4HD for a while and played with REW and other free tools, and then later upgraded to the different iterations of Dirac, I would also recommend going Dirac from the get-go - totally worth it.
Top Bottom