Recent content by Joe Smith

1. J

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

So this is different than Lenire, but a similar type of bimodal stimulation process? Interesting...
  2. J

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

I really wanted Spotify to do this. But I'm not going to pay them significantly more money than I do now for the higher res. To be competitive, this should be a null cost or a minimal upcharge. Because of my wife, we use the Spotify dual user tier, so we can each have our own music and...
  3. J

Lightbulb moments, or how far have you come in your journey?

Evaluating all purchases now from the perspective of "what will this really add to my life/do I really want or need it?"
  4. J

Looking for Affordable DAC With Specific Features

Really like the Atom+ DAC, and the Atom 2 is bound to also be great. It's a no-muss, no fuss solution if you can live without a coaxial connection.
  5. J

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

This is a bit of a downside of the current heated competition level to release the latest and greatest...products are getting announced and promoted ahead of getting all of the final manufacturing versions finalized. I am sure a lot of fur is continually flying between the designers/technicians...
  6. J

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

The pain of being an early adopter! Which is why I like to wait for a long while and see how products do in the real world. Aiyima is not as polished in their responses to me as Fosi, but they have come through in the end. I expect the delay is due to the production refinement that you mention.
  7. J

Is there a lack of audio players on the market?

Still keeping my little fleet of ipod shuffles (4th gen and 2nd gen) charged up, and my one remaining nano, for the times I need one while working out where I don't want to drain my iphone. I may pay eventually for one battery restoration on the nano or a 4th gen shuffle, just to keep one...
  8. J

Fosi Audio P3 Preamplifier & Headphone Amplifier Discussion

I'm curious: For those of you using the P3 with the V3 amp, how are you running volume? Max amplitude for the V3 and then do the desired volume control via the P3? While I've been resisting buying a P3, I'm considering it since cost is low...I had one other Little Bear tube gain stage that did...
  9. J

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

On my Fosi V3, there is very good channel matching all the way down to 0, basically. The pot on my Aiyima A07MAX is a little more uneven.
  10. J

Best Budget Amp Under ~$180 With Optical & BT

What about the Fosi V3 (or Aiyima Ao7 MAX) plus the Wiim Mini? I think both of these are great little devices. I've enjoyed the convenience of the mini streamer over transmission via bluetooth.
  11. J

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

These are exactly what I expected Fosi to develop based on the user input that was shared here. It's just a bit more expensive than I was hoping, but within ballpark and definitely at a price point that won't be a stopper for people who really want monoblocks. I wasn't expecting the shared power...
  12. J

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I like the sound of the V3 just fine...using at present with some Elac Debut 6.0 speakers. I think for people with speakers that lean even further towards a bright sound, the rise in high frequencies may be an annoyance. For me, with my hearing top end at about 12khz, it's not a factor. If you...
  13. J

Feel it in the chest track.

This album has great bass...gives speakers a good workout... Khmer
  14. J

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

I think this is a good additional forward step from Fosi. For me, since I don't really need more power in my smaller room setups, I'll probably sit this out and wait for a good small stereo amp with PFFB, RCA only, which will probably come with the next generation. Preferably, with an internal...
Top Bottom