Recent content by JoaoPedro

1. J

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

The VMV A2 has finally arrived from hifi-express in perfect condition and without any duties due. It is an amazing amp. I am mesmerized with its performance.
  2. J

Thanks for the suggestions. I've ordered the VMV A2 almost 3 weeks ago from hifi-express.com . I already have the traking number, but no indication about the expected delivery date. No answer as well from my inquiries. So far I am not very happy with their customer service. Once it arrives I...
  3. J

S.M.S.L. SD-9 Set-Up and Basic Review

Does anyone know what is the DAC inside the SD-9? How audible will be the diference between using only the SD-9 or coupling it with the SU-9?
  4. J

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Hello. Did anyone find any specs on the DAC inside the AO200? Is there a DAC inside? Ou there is none, like in the VMV A2? If there is a dac, which one? Does the fact that it is a Type A input represent a disadvantage versus a type B input? Did anyone use the USB input? Will it work with...
  5. J

Lyngdorf is quite more expensive… Would you say A2 is “bargain”? Or for 1000 usd range there are still better sounding options?
  6. J

Are there any other class D amps on the market with the same "direct digital connection" design?
  7. J

VMV SMSL A2 - DAC CHIP INSIDE

Any suggestions for the DAC to use with the Ncore amp? the source will be the PC (usb Type b) and the speakers some mid-range bookshelf model (e.g KEF LS50) Mostly for near field listening. thank you very much for your help.
  8. J

Since the upstream DAC is useless in a Class D amp, do you know of any class D alternatives to the VMV A2, that have a USB Type B connection? I don't see them on the Hypex kits. I will use it only connected to my PC (Hi Res audio).
  9. J

What are the implications of such architecture for the sound quality? would I be better off with the VMV A1 (class A) connected to my SMSL-SU9 DAC? If you had to pick the main rival/ benchmark in the market for the A2 which would be?
  10. J

I have the same doubt. I can’t find any reference to the DAC chip used.
  11. J

Hi. I would like to know what is the DAC chip used in the VMV SMSL A2 (class D) amp. I see the amp has an UBS type B input, so I assume I could use it as as an external dac, connecting it directly to my PC with the XMOS driver. I own the DAC SMSL SU-9. I am very happy with that DAC and I...
Top Bottom