Recent content by Joachim Herbert

1. J

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Drivers for the basic functions (asio), plus added functionality over the years. An ADI-2 DAC bought early on is quite a different beast today due to a permanent flow of firmware improvements. I am not talking bug fixes here, but added functionality. It is not that I need it, but its really nice...
  2. J

Amateurs all over the place in the pro field.
  3. J

Well, not really. Just look how long RME products are on the market, when (and why) there are design changes and how long products are supported. This is second to none.
  4. J

Qobuz/Audirvana/ASIO/USB 2.0??

Late to the party, I know. While I have a strong preference for minimalistic setups, I use the supra in my work setup to connect PC and DAC. No technical reason. Just for the looks. I use RMEs ASIO driver as this is needed for automatic sample rate switching. It is also a prerequisite for RME...
  5. J

Streamer connection on Genelec 8361

Do you use it for volume control?
  6. J

This is what I was thinking of: shd studio
  7. J

SHD adds analog in and out. So you might connect an analog preamp or an analog source directly. Thats smart. In addition you can use dirac, in case you dislike GLM.
  8. J

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Not to my knowledge, having worked in the field min Germany for 40+ years.
  9. J

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

The same is true the other way around. Think golden sample...
  10. J

I use roon > pi3 > Matrix-X spdif3 > 8361a, which is perfect and affordable. Used roon > pi3 > Allo Digi One > Funk casa-t > 8361a before with great results. Casa-t cable incorporates a transformer that takes care of 75>110 ohm. Still consumer voltage, though.
  11. J

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Although I went active years ago I consider buying a set to complement the Aiyima A07 max which I do not use either.
  12. J

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

I for one love the looks. But I do not need another just in case I need an amp amp.
  13. J

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

No, as there is no way for GLM to tell the subwoofer(s) what to do.
Top Bottom