Recent content by jmos

1. J

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

Vmoda m100 master for on the go use. These just sound right to me. Though they are not that popular
  2. J

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

FYI the THX Onyx has in-line mic support too
  3. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

In no particular order. I do not necessarily recommend all of these. I just happen to own them all at the moment. I was going to list what I have owned but since sold or gave away but then the list just gets obnoxious. lol Senn Amperior Senn Momentum 2 wired Senn Momentum 2 wireless Senn HD650...
  4. J

MQA vs. Non-MQA, Empirical Measurements

Here is a cool site I found that has files in many different formats supposedly from the same DXD source. I have listened to a few. Mainly compared the original stereo 24BIT/352.8kHz, the MQA stereo original resolution (24/352), and original CD 16BIT/44kHz. http://www.2l.no/hires/ The thing I...
  5. J

Apple's first high-end headphones

Their answer would be the momentum 3 wireless. Cheaper and better sounding. IMO
  6. J

Last $600 in your checking account which speaker do you get?

IMO the best deal out there is the old polk flagship bookshelf. LSIm 703. They sold for $1500 6 short years ago. They are a 3 way design. Sound great when supplied enough power. I have a pair in my office and love them. Best $400 I have ever spent. I would have been happy spending more than...
  7. J

Thank you ASR

I just wanted to take a minute to give a warm thank you to ASR and all the people that contribute to this site. I was having a hard time figuring out what dac and hp amp to buy and what would work for me without breaking the bank. With the great information here, I was able to get past all the...
  8. J

I have zero USB noise using this on a windows laptop. However, I find my HD650 sounds a little flat through the onyx alone. My lower impedance headphones sound great. But when I want to listen to my hd650 I send the onyx out through an O2 amp. I find this to sound better with the hd650's. I am...
  9. J

The New King?

Great question, and at first it wasn't even a thought. Then I read this from JohnYang1997 in another thread. "From my point of view, D90se is planned and managed from every bit ground up. Every aspect of it is specifically designed that way. D70s was basically a trick that you get lower...
  10. J

The New King?

I am in the market for a new desktop dac. Was looking at the D70S, but now I am thinking of waiting on the D90SE. Do we know what the price is going to be on it yet? Also, is there a date yet when it will actually be available to purchase?
  11. J

Anyone know if I were to pick up a headphone amp like say the A90, could I use the onyx as a dac and feed the output to the a90 via a 3.5mm to RCA's cable? Or is the output too hot to input into the A90 line in and needs to be line level? I eventually want to get a dedicated desktop DAC as...
  12. J

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

I picked one up used on ebay. I use it as my desktop streamer in my office. It is powering a pair of Polk lsim703 bookshelf speakers. It is a great combo and by far the best sounding setup I ever had in my office. I do not have any issues with the HEOS software. It works fine. I am very happy...
Top Bottom