Recent content by jmillar

1. J

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Sonos gear has built in "loudness compensation". That's a possible reason for those A/B results.
  2. J

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

No, "haut parleur" (loudspeaker in French)
  3. J

Xiaomi Mi Box as a streamer?

Android beyond 11 seemed to break usb audio. The new release is supposed to finally fix that. I don't know if in your case you can roll back to 11.
  4. J

Xiaomi Mi Box as a streamer?

The Tidal app for Android worked around the 48 kHz "choke point" (resampling) on Android based devices. No UAPP needed for Tidal.
  5. J

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I LIKE the volume control. In future it might be a good idea to provide a volume "bypass" switch to fully satisfy some users.
  6. J

WiiM Ultra

10-12 'band' PEQ is the clincher for me. A "line-in". USB "digital out". True balanced out, XLR and/or TRS. 1or 2 Subwoofer outs. Adjustable "high pass" in main analog output if possible.
  7. J

WiiM Ultra

Or TRS balanced output. Quite a few devices already offer this.
  8. J

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

Dynaco preamps drew their power through these octal sockets.
  9. J

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

10 band PEQ is ideal. (Oratory1990, Crinacle and other EQ profiles for headphones) I hope you can maintain it at 10.
  10. J

Let Your Voice Help Us Make an All-In-One

A, but with digital input for external CD transport. (You can offer a matching CD transport. That would be convenient and look very nice) Headphone amp + audio out + subwoofer out. Headphone amp should be "sufficient", at least at DX3pro+ level in SINAD and power.
  11. J

Are we hitting a bump in the golden age of cheap audio electronics?

Companies such as Topping, SMSL, Fosi, WiiM etc have a clear run ahead of them in the amplifier segment: Fosi's success with the v3 and their recently released higher power bridged devices are pointing the way. Topping has broken the barrier for reference grade audio amplification at affordable...
  12. J

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

It would have to be compared to LCD-5, Susvara, Utopia, etc
  13. J

Newbie with beginner budget and love for lower bass freqs undecided between BR03 and DBR-62

DBR62: very good and neutral for the price. BR03: wonky resonances and jaggedy FR. Linton 85: they cost twice as much, it's a different tier.
  14. J

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

50 Hz. But it will overdrive your inputs. ;-)
Top Bottom